Slipped disc

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was flat on my back for the last couple of weeks. Had to close my dojo - broke my heart. What can I do for a slipped disc & arthritis in my spinal canal? My spinal cord is pinched and I have pain shooting down the back of both legs. I am going to physical therapy but it is going to take time.

Thanks,
Tom

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are closoing temporarily or permanantly? Is there anyone to run things temporarily for you? How long has your Dojo been open for?

OP
Sensei Tom O'Brien

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am hoping to re-open in September. I am going to physical therapy & doing exercises for my back. I am starting to feel a little better. I actually mowed the lawn and did some sheet-rock work this past week. Like Arnold says 'I'll be back'.

Thanks,
Tom

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am hoping to re-open in September. I am going to physical therapy & doing exercises for my back. I am starting to feel a little better. I actually mowed the lawn and did some sheet-rock work this past week. Like Arnold says 'I'll be back'.

Thanks,
Tom

Awesome!! I am glad things are getting better!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Thanks,
Tom

glad to hear it but as one who has had this very same problem and did to much to soon I really need to say don't over do it or it will bite you

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,

Thanks for the 'heads-up' I'll have to femember to take it slow. Started doing my kicks slowly.

Tom

I know 2 MDs and a Chiropractor that if they knew I gave that advice they would do exactly this :jaw-dropping:

I was in my early 20s and of course I know more than any MD. I slipped disks the first time and herniated them around the 3rd and/or 4th time and after the 4th time I got a nice ambulance ride and I ended up in the hospital for a week and out of work for about 6 months. It ended my TKD training and my career as an auto mechanic.

Take it slow and you will recover fine