Sleep

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Isn't it a weird thing....i haven't slept for more than two days and i'm now on the second night...not a wink. I just got back from work and i am beat, but i feel another surge as it's past 10 pm now. Tomorrow i have to work really early, so i had better sleep before 12.

Once i held out for just about 4 days and nights. I was going for 9 days, but being someone that originally needs lots of sleep, no chance-especialy being alone...

How long can you hold out? What was your longest period of time with sleep deprivation?
Man, riding public on the way back home, i thought i would fall asleep in the tram but now i feel ok again. Just that i seemed a little weird at work at times i could literally feel my brain stalling on me. Sleep is some powerful stuff.

j

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can be well rested, but as soon as I hit the lounge chair with the TV buttons, that’s all she wrote. Funny thing is, once I wake up and go to bed, it’s just not the same.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it a weird thing....i haven't slept for more than two days and i'm now on the second night...not a wink. I just got back from work and i am beat, but i feel another surge as it's past 10 pm now. Tomorrow i have to work really early, so i had better sleep before 12.

Once i held out for just about 4 days and nights. I was going for 9 days, but being someone that originally needs lots of sleep, no chance-especialy being alone...

How long can you hold out? What was your longest period of time with sleep deprivation?
Man, riding public on the way back home, i thought i would fall asleep in the tram but now i feel ok again. Just that i seemed a little weird at work at times i could literally feel my brain stalling on me. Sleep is some powerful stuff.

j
Dude... you need sleep.

Before long, you will sleep whether or not you want to, or know it. Your body and mind will stop... But, hey, you'll have some wild hallucinations, without any drugs!

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dude... you need sleep.

Before long, you will sleep whether or not you want to, or know it. Your body and mind will stop... But, hey, you'll have some wild hallucinations, without any drugs!

The longest I've ever gone was four days. I think I probably could have gone longer, but I was only awake because it was finals week, and when finals ended I didn't need to anymore, so I didn't go for longer.

I've found that when I'm really tired it helps to get up and work out for half an hour or so.

But seriously man. It's not safe. Get some sleep. I never hallucinated, but I did lose feeling in my legs. It's not ok. Go to bed. Drink some tea or something.

-Rob

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the biggest dangers of staying awake like that isn't the hallucinations. It's the way your body will go into microsleeps, with almost no control on your part. You just drop out -- and you may not realize it's happening (in fact, often you don't). Not cool if your driving or operating dangerous equipment... or just trying to catch a bus or cross the street.

But even 20 minutes or so can help you keep functioning.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the longest I've gone without sleep is 2 hours. lol
Yeah, sleep is not a problem for me.

Seriously, as Jim said, your body needs it. Get some rest dude.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can be well rested, but as soon as I hit the lounge chair with the TV buttons, that’s all she wrote. Funny thing is, once I wake up and go to bed, it’s just not the same.

It is for that reason alone my wife as stric orders to leave me alone if I fall asleep on the floor or couch..It make no sense to wake me out of a sound sleep and tell me to go to bed..

OP
K

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I did sleep yesterday for 6 and half hours...
that is an amazing thing though that when you haven't slept for a long time, even sleeping for 15-20 is super refreshing...and you can keep going.
I've never felt like i was falling asleep when my body's moving, but as soon as i sit down somewhere and do nothing, it's that feeling that your eyes just want to close and you want to lie down...well, i don't really feel like lying down that bad, but if i were at my limits, then i probably would seek out some spot lie down and pass out.
Never hallucinated but feel cold more quickly and get temperature regulatory issues-like feeling clamy... also just generaly don't feel so spiffy-i guess the body is telling me that it's had enough of the waking world and needs to hit the dreamworld for the mysterious recouperating that the body seems to do...

j

Latest Discussions