SKK Combinations: Concepts

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
ah. i misunderstood your original post then...my apologies, Jesse.
any idea for the timing of the get together?

marlon

Umm, sure... Later on.. ha, no i have no idea. sometime in aug. would be best for me.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are we thinking once a month type thing? I'm out 4-5 nights a week now...Every Friday could land me back on the couch....HMMMMMMMM

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are we thinking once a month type thing? I'm out 4-5 nights a week now...Every Friday could land me back on the couch....HMMMMMMMM

welllll, i am in Canada with a wife, children and a day job as well as students to teach soooo i could only make ...well less than what you mentioned :)

marlon

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
welllll, i am in Canada with a wife, children and a day job as well as students to teach soooo i could only make ...well less than what you mentioned :)

marlon
Come on now.....we hear Canada has an endless fuel supply....you should be able to drive down once a week (LOL)...

I'm in the same boat (though alot closer)...trying to juggle/balance everything is getting tougher as I get older...maybe we could videotape and post someplace for you... meetings once a month I think would be good...I don't know what the general consensus is...???

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I'm not even in the area, so I'm out, but I wish I could even get someone in my area to respond to a thread ... LOL ... seems that people out here on the left coast won't even talk.

My two cents would be, once a week would be great, once a month would be good, but even if it is once per quarter, or twice a year ... it would all be fantastic!

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I'm not even in the area, so I'm out, but I wish I could even get someone in my area to respond to a thread ... LOL ... seems that people out here on the left coast won't even talk.

My two cents would be, once a week would be great, once a month would be good, but even if it is once per quarter, or twice a year ... it would all be fantastic!

I hope this comes out right so take this as a non slam. The west coast people are a little behind in the feuding stage for our style then the east coast. People went to the West Coast because of all the hatred for eachother - backstabbing and raw business deals out here in the East. So you are going through the middle stage in my opinion where people are trying to establish themselves apart from their previous groups and figure where they are going. Out here in the east most of us are 3rd and 4th generation seperated from the Villari's and USSD. Think of it, Cerio and Pesare did not speak for some time (a long time) Prof. Cerio and Villari did not speak on the leave, Mattera and Villari same thing. The difference is this happened 30 years ago out here (villari/cerio split).
Jesse

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
[email protected] that is my personal email, I would be happy to start putting together a roster of who wants to do this. I think once a month is more than enough. I am not excluding the people in the midwest and west coast id be happy to keep you guys in the loop just for fun so feel to get on the email list. Right now i am putting together a schedule once a month for my combat jujitsu course through Soke Micheal DePasquale Jr. So i need to work around that too.
things to consider -
Structure of the days workout - locations to go -- possible 3rd friday of the month or are Sundays better? and, who is in.. I have 2 friends in the area who own schools and would like to get in on this but they are not computer savvy, This could grow into something sweet --- and best of all... work out partners.
Jesse

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope this comes out right so take this as a non slam. The west coast people are a little behind in the feuding stage for our style then the east coast. People went to the West Coast because of all the hatred for eachother - backstabbing and raw business deals out here in the East. So you are going through the middle stage in my opinion where people are trying to establish themselves apart from their previous groups and figure where they are going. Out here in the east most of us are 3rd and 4th generation seperated from the Villari's and USSD. Think of it, Cerio and Pesare did not speak for some time (a long time) Prof. Cerio and Villari did not speak on the leave, Mattera and Villari same thing. The difference is this happened 30 years ago out here (villari/cerio split).
Jesse

Oh no, not a slam at all, I agree. I'm just beyond it all. I think it's all rediculous. To any and all those people I say, "Move on, get over it!" I was with Villari out here in the west when the split took place. I made comments about it all, I have thoughts about it all ... but it was 1988, 20+ years ago. I just wish people would get over it, if that is in fact what's going on. Forgive and forget. Let's find a way to pull some of this together and better our chosen art.

Just my two cents ....

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

That's because you're not speekin' the right lingo.....

" Dudes!!!!" any you dudes wanna like....hang and bang...??? like maybe we could like catch a few waves like later....dudes...."
LOL:uhyeah:
(Sorry couldn't resist...)

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's because you're not speekin' the right lingo.....

" Dudes!!!!" any you dudes wanna like....hang and bang...??? like maybe we could like catch a few waves like later....dudes...."
LOL:uhyeah:
(Sorry couldn't resist...)

LOL ... nice

... but to be honest, I've lived my whole life within 20 miles of the Pacific Ocean and I've never been on a surf board

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
did we do combo #15 yet? I like that one, one of the first that uses more circular movements and body shielding.
wait sorry i missed #14 - crazy guy attacks with bo staff, jump over the low swing, kick him in the face and his buddy behind you too.... sorry couldnt resist

so, back to 15, I was always taught it with the guy laying over the knee, now i teach it that way and also with the follow through slamming the guy right to the ground (never going onto my knee for the 2nd one).

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Combination #15
  • Step with left foot to 1100, left hand chop block, right hand driving shuto to the face.
  • Left hand ridge hand to the back of the neck.
  • Left hand continues to snake around to the throat as you shuffle behind the opponent.
  • Pull opponent onto the left knee, using a right dragon fist to the kidney area or lower back as an assist, if needed.
  • Right palm strike to the nose.
  • Right rake to the face.
  • Right downward elbow to the face.
  • Right hammer strike to the solar plexus
  • Double downward shutos or palm strikes as you pull your leg out, driving them to the ground.
Same as Mr. Dwire on the variation, simply throw them to the ground, rather than pulling them down onto your knee.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL ... nice

... but to be honest, I've lived my whole life within 20 miles of the Pacific Ocean and I've never been on a surf board
I can appreciate that.....I'm 20 miles North of Boston & have been to the Cape once....In fact prior to my daughter going off to college I'd never been south of Boston....Oh Yeah....& I don't eat Lobster or steamers either.....

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Combination #15
  • Step with left foot to 1100, left hand chop block, right hand driving shuto to the face.
  • Left hand continues to snake around to the throat as you shuffle behind the opponent.
  • Pull opponent onto the left knee, using a right dragon fist to the kidney area or lower back as an assist, if needed.
  • Double downward shutos or palm strikes as you pull your leg out, driving them to the ground.
Same as Mr. Dwire on the variation, simply throw them to the ground, rather than pulling them down onto your knee.

We do this slightly different (I think I need a hot key to type that)

as we step left foot to 1030 we do a right inward block followed by a left outward block, then step right foot 1030, a left ridgehand to the front of the throat with a right thrust punch to kidney area (gb25), bringing them back across the knee as we clutch the throat with the left hand.

Then after the series of strikes we twist the neck (left hand pulls chin, right hand pushes back of head) as we pull the knee out, so this is one of the very few techs in our system that could be fatal so it comes with lots of discussion on legal and moral issues when it is taught.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Combination #15

we step right over left twist to 11. do the block, left foot steps out as ridge hand to thoat, right foot steps behind as left hand controls head for bend over knee. 3 steps 3 hands is how i teach it

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Step r/foot twist 10/11:00 l/cross palm to downward willowleaf (palm up), l/sword to ribs..r/palm to face...Circling behind as you deliver r/ridge arm to neck (jugular)...now being directly behind press him downward w/your left as you attempt a second neck break w/a r/palm to behind the ear.....circle the r/hand around the face in a clockwise fashion tearing the face towards the top of the head slightly turning his face towards to floor.....circle the r/ hand delivering a downward r/elbow to the head....r/snap middle trigger to the zyphoid...drop him to the floor...

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
we step right over left twist to 11. do the block, left foot steps out as ridge hand to thoat, right foot steps behind as left hand controls head for bend over knee. 3 steps 3 hands is how i teach it

Yeah, that's also how I had it, back in the day and recently with my last school as well.

OP
14 Kempo

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Step r/foot twist 10/11:00 l/cross palm to downward willowleaf (palm up), l/sword to ribs..r/palm to face...Circling behind as you deliver r/ridge arm to neck (jugular)...now being directly behind press him downward w/your left as you attempt a second neck break w/a r/palm to behind the ear.....circle the r/hand around the face in a clockwise fashion tearing the face towards the top of the head slightly turning his face towards to floor.....circle the r/ hand delivering a downward r/elbow to the head....r/snap middle trigger to the zyphoid...drop him to the floor...

Very interesting. I'll have to see if I can actually pull this off from the written word. I hope so, like I said, sounds interesting.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Step r/foot twist 10/11:00 l/cross palm to downward willowleaf (palm up), l/sword to ribs..r/palm to face...Circling behind as you deliver l/ridge arm to neck (jugular)...now being directly behind press him downward w/your left as you attempt a second neck break w/a r/palm to behind the ear.....circle the r/hand around the face in a clockwise fashion tearing the face towards the top of the head slightly turning his face towards to floor.....circle the r/ hand delivering a downward r/elbow to the head....r/snap middle trigger to the zyphoid...drop him to the floor...
OOPS>>>>> need to correct the ridge to throat...should have been a left arm not the right....