Size vs skill

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The most deadly animal ( to humans)in the word is an insect,

The insect itself doesn't kill and is barely more than an annoyance - it's what it carries that does the damage...

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's a big lad. How would I fight him? With a zweihander and a few friends standing by with boar spears in case I miss.

There's a guy in my judo club who's 260 and maybe 6'3". He can rag doll me almost at will and I'm 205 and 6". There are others who are even bigger who are just a big nope for me. That little guy did super well. He's a beast.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a big lad. How would I fight him? With a zweihander and a few friends standing by with boar spears in case I miss.

There's a guy in my judo club who's 260 and maybe 6'3". He can rag doll me almost at will and I'm 205 and 6". There are others who are even bigger who are just a big nope for me. That little guy did super well. He's a beast.
There are of course, exceptions.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I spent an hour with Andre and Hulk Hogan backstage after a wrestling show at the Cape Cod Coliseum back in the day. It was a lovely time, spent a good part of the time talking about food.

My boss wanted me to invite them back to his restaurant, to eat and drink for free. Unfortunately, they had a matinee show at Madison Square Garden the next day and were flying out that night. They laughed, said they loved when people did that. Said they ate so much the place would lose money for the week. Hulk said that Andre could drink a fifth of good Scotch as a warm up, and not even have a buzz. Could follow it with an entire case of beer and another fifth of Scotch like it was nothing. And he would eat ten steaks and five full chickens. Andre nodded his head and said "I like chicken"

I remember after being comfortable, looking at their knee joints, their hands, their necks, I remember thinking "I'm don't think I could hurt either guy with a baseball bat or a sledge hammer." Probably just priss them off. My buddy Billie Blanks became friends with Terry (Hulk) years later and they worked out together a lot. He said Hulk could sprint short distances really quick for a big guy. I found that frightening.
Oh whaaaat... am a WWE fan, that's so cool man wow :)