Site Updated 7-5-08

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh this is yummy. :cheers: Once I get some stuff shuffled around at home, Ima gonna pimp my pro, bro!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What does "Friends" that is now in my profile, as it applies to MT, mean or do exactly?
Looks like a supped up buddy list at the moment.

Reciprocal Friendships Between Users

As part of our new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

User-Created Social Groups

To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.

What is the difference between a friend and a contact?

A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?

Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.

* From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
* In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.
* In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that......there are a few plug-ins that allow for it, I'm weeding through them and weighing out the headaches. ;)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that......there are a few plug-ins that allow for it, I'm weeding through them and weighing out the headaches. ;)
NO!!!

That's one of the most annoying things on MySpace, in my opinion. (I know, that's exactly what MySpace was originally for...)

Also, how much bandwidth or storage would that suck up?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

:barf:

Please No... I deal with enough noise I really don't want to deal with it here too.

NO!!!

That's one of the most annoying things on MySpace, in my opinion. (I know, that's exactly what MySpace was originally for...)

Also, how much bandwidth or storage would that suck up?

Agree

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Headache wise, I tend to agree....course, I surf with speakers off 95% of the time too. LOL

Bandwidth/space wise, none, as it would just tie into Youtube or similar.
- Of course, if we did it, it'd be a premium feature. ;)
- I'd also like an option to view/not-view them too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Headache wise, I tend to agree....course, I surf with speakers off 95% of the time too. LOL

Bandwidth/space wise, none, as it would just tie into Youtube or similar.
- Of course, if we did it, it'd be a premium feature. ;)
- I'd also like an option to view/not-view them too.

I likely have my speakers off 99.9% of the time ;)

YouTube takes up a lot of bandwidth on our end and if this tries into youtube and took up as much bandwidth it may get MT locked out of a few enterprise settings. And Youtube is already blocked in many corporate settings so would this then by default lock out MT as well?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the YT parts would be blocked, but not the MT part.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what happens with embedded links to Youtube & other blocked sites at my work computer.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's what happens with embedded links to Youtube & other blocked sites at my work computer.

Mine too - they just show up as blank areas in the post. When I attempt to go to the sites themselves, then I get a note from the "net nanny" - but embedded links don't keep me from see the site where they are embedded (if that rather clumsy sentence makes any sense).

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine too - they just show up as blank areas in the post. When I attempt to go to the sites themselves, then I get a note from the "net nanny" - but embedded links don't keep me from see the site where they are embedded (if that rather clumsy sentence makes any sense).

Makes sense as this is similar to what I have seen at work.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok I am starting to find all the new stuff. even started with a few pics (nothing spectacular just playing with stuff till I get a better understanding of all this)

Latest Discussions