Single greatest movie scene of all time (IYO)?

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In addition, I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings, and the scene in Return of the King where the Rohirrim line up to charge was just awesome.
Two great LOTR moments:
"(pause)... And Rohan will answer! Muster the Rohirrim!"
"I am no man."

Also up there for great scenes:
It's a Wonderful Life- Jimmy Stewart (George Bailey) running down the street yelling to everyone once Bedford Falls has been put back the way it was.
Rocky II- Adrian to Rocky: "Win."

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about "Fly, you fools!"?

That was a great scene!

IIRC, they actually had changed the line in the theatrical release to "Run, you fools" but edited it in the special edition DVD release to "Fly, you fools" (the original line in the book).

Pax,

Chris

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Might sound silly, but from my generation..The Transformers movie (in '86 or 7) Megatron and the decepticons are killing many and destroying. Optimus prime rolls up, looks the scene over, and says "Megatron must be stopped! No Matter what the cost!" Then, he goes into action in a solo charge, kills a few decepticons, and has an ultimate battle with megatron!
The theater erupted! Sadly he gave his life to save us all in a dramatic moment!

Goofy? Yeah, but was significant-lol! They had to bring him back in the cartoon series due to the popularity!
icon10.gif

"....You got the touch.........you got the POW-ERRRRR! YEAH!....."

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOTR:TT-when the battle for Rohan is gettingready to start and Gimli is wanting to know what is happening and Logolas answers, "Would you likeme to describe it to you or do you want me to get you a box." Followed by Gimli laughing.

Sith vs. Jedi in Phantom Menace.

Remo Williams when Chun gets ready to train Remo.

Final battle in The 13th Warrior.

Any of the fight sequences in Return of Drunken Master.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
DISCLAIMER: These scenes were chosen because they happened to be the only ones fresh in my mind at the time of this posting. I've seen a lot of movies and may/might have revised my opinions at a later time.

Two scenes from the 2004 version of The Punisher:

* I misted up when Castle finally did come across the bodies of his wife/kid on that pier.

*The deleted scene near the end when Castle confronts his former best friend after it becomes known that it was HIM who sold out Castle/his family to the crime boss. You can really see it acted out that Castle's last connection to his former life is severed and it's Castle who lowered his eyes in mourning for his last friend, but it's the Punisher who opens them again.

Let me see if there's a youtube....nope. Such a shame.

Back with more.

Latest Discussions