simple reverse punch

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM Rhee is from the Oh Do Kwan, they trained with talyunbong, aka forging post.

ITF founder and KTA President CHOI Hong Hi had diagrams in his books on how to build and use the talyunbong, the KTA members were all from kwan that used the talyunbong.

From interview with GM Rhee of Australia:

What are your opinions of the various forms of supplementary training that martial artists can use? For example, running, bag and makiwara training, weight training etc?

GM Rhee: "We use the forging Post, of course, to condition the knuckles and the wrist etc for destruction. The forging post is also very useful for developing hip power."

Note: The above taken from CHONG CHUL RHEE of Australia REPRINTED FROM MARCH 1985 ISSUE OF AUSTRALASIAN FIGHTING ARTS MAGAZINE

See now, I had no idea that a Forging Post was a term synonymous with Striking Post.

Thanks for the Information - And I do apologise if at some point it looked like I was trying to prove You wrong, but I kind of had to play it that way in order to reach a sound conclusion. Because everywere I looked listed all different kinds of names for different organisations, but there were only two that didnt show up under Kwans, and another that didnt list Makiwara. One of them I knew stemmed from a Kwan, from My own knowledge. The other, in regards to Makiwara, was as above. Forging didnt exactly bring any of the other terms to mind.