Silliest challenge or verbal threat you've heard.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Silliest? This one takes the cake:

Radford William Davis and his so-called $10,000 challenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashida_Kim

$10,000 Challenge
In an effort to quiet criticism and suppress challenges, Ashida Kim has established rules for a "$10,000 Challenge" for those wishing to test his skill. These rules place significant financial and legal demands on challengers, who are required to pay $10,000 as well as post a $25,000 bond and cover all expenses of the event. Several individuals claim to have come forward to challenge Kim, and presented evidence of the money, yet report that he declined to arrange a fight. Note that the $10,000 appears to refer to the aforementioned fee — nothing in the rules states that the challenger will receive $10,000 on victory as may be inferred.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My wife trained very briefly with this joker while she was in college. One day he decides to give a lecture on Effective Use of Language in Deterring a Fight. So he uses a real experience of his to make his point.

He had gone to a gas station with his girlfriend to fill up the car. He made it clear that his girlfriend was blonde, blue-eyed, and beautiful. So, he claims that some guy starts talking to her. So this joker decides this is an appropriate time to use effective language. He goes up to the guy who is talking with his girlfriend, and says "I sure hope you have a good dental plan, because you are gonna need it!!"

And that concluded his lecture on Effective Use of Language in Deterring a Fight.

Real class act, all the way.

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I was once trying to get a taxi home from a club. i was by myself as my friends lived in a different direction so had got their taxis already. There was a group of people waiting also, one of them started chatting to me so we started talking the usual drunken stuff, can't really remember what about but seemed friendly enough. Then from nowhere he got serious and asked me "You want to tango, cos i'm the dancemaster?".
I honestly didn't have a clue what he was on about until i saw the group he was with start to whisper to each other there was going to be a fight, circle us and start to get excited. I told him i was just after a taxi and they all left me alone. But it was about the oddest fight request I've had.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
One day he decides to give a lecture on Effective Use of Language in Deterring a Fight.

Verbal Judo. Excellent idea. I'm all for it.

He goes up to the guy who is talking with his girlfriend, and says "I sure hope you have a good dental plan, because you are gonna need it!!"

Eh, must be a different substyle of Verbal Judo than the one I'm familiar with.

I don't know how this bonehead has succeeded...but he has books, videos, etc. The world is unfair!

Searching this site will turn up copious previous discussion of this individual.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Verbal Judo. Excellent idea. I'm all for it.

Eh, must be a different substyle of Verbal Judo than the one I'm familiar with.

I don't know how this bonehead has succeeded...but he has books, videos, etc. The world is unfair!

Searching this site will turn up copious previous discussion of this individual.

How the heck do you know who I am talking about??!! You are right, he is a VERY high ranking individual in a prominant Japanese system with headquarters in Japan, and he has a large number of videos and such. I didn't name him or his system in my post (I was trying to be polite), how did you know who I am talking about? Are you psychic or something?

and yes, this incident has remained a running joke between my wife and myself ever since she told me about it.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you said "this joker" I thought you were referring to Ashida Kim from the two posts above you rpost! Was that not the case?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thesemindz said:
I worked as a tele-marketer for a short time and I once called an old man who told me, "I hope your bowels rot." I thought that seemed kind of harsh, wishing a bowel rotting on a complete stranger.

-Rob

You got off lightly, I had a guy who was pissed off that I was callling, he said "right you little mother%$#$% what the @#$$ are you trying to sell, where the #$%^ is your address I am going to come round and beat the living #$%# out of you you litlle @#$$ wit" I responded by gving him the address and telling him I will be out the fron waiting for him. At which point my supervisor gave me the universal throat slicing sighn, translation "get of the dam phone now"

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OULobo said:
That is my favorite challange of all. All you have to do is head butt them. They give you an unprotected target and you can just say you were bending down to tie you shoe. I've actually used it two times on guys. If they are watching anything, its my hands, and when my head comes in, they think I'm gonna bump chests or something. Primate posturing leads to brain damage.

So much for fighting distance :idunno:

Latest Discussions