Silliest challenge or verbal threat you've heard.

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Getting to see little old men take young bucks down a notch is always amusing. Of course when your the young buck it's usually painful :EG:

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The one I mostly hear is..."I can kick your ***, and I don't even take Karate." HIgh school kids need to grow up

C

Chrono

This is slightly off topic, but the only time I feel that I need to be alert with other people is when I'm at a high school football game. Seriously. I went to an away one last night and I knew some people from the other school and they were dragging me everywhere. After the game she took me to meet one of the football players and he wasn't in a good mood at all (they lost, my high school won).

Y'all probably notice a lot of fights happen because of stupid things like rival schools.

G

Gaidheal

Corporal Hicks said:
Heres an old one, which a friend once replied with,​

Aggresive teenager: "You starting you f**king t*at"​

Friend's reply: "I dont start mate, I finish!"​
That's my usual response too ;¬)

Also "You threatening me?" Me: "Nope, I don't make threats, only promises."

John

P.S. Yes, I used to be a posturing arsehole, now I tend to reserve these for a little verbal humour with well meaning mates, not actual confrontations.

G

Gaidheal

Maltair said:
I remember this guy took a parking spot I was waiting for. Didn't bother me, there was another one 4-5 down. Anyway, my girlfriend gets out and starts yelling at the dude, cusing him out and all that. I'm just about over there to settle her down and the guy is already out of his car just looking at her like she was a freak (Turned out she was). He just says "Shut up B$%^&" and starts walking away. She turns to me and screams "Did you hear what he called me?! Are you going to let him talk to me that way?!"
I was never one for physical confrontation, besides that, the guy was twice my size. I just giggled and said "You started it!" Her mouth flops open, the guy stops and turns to me, smiles and starts laughing. She didn't last long with me after that.
Wow! Maybe she was related to an ex of mine... because I once had basically the identical scenario!! Freaky.

John

T

ThatWasAKick

Oh gosh, these are hilarious. I think my favorite is still you'd better hurry because I have to teach a Karate class. ROFLOL

Dumbest threat:
In high school a girl calls me and tells me she wants to "kick my a$$" then asks me if I would meet her and her friends in an alley behind a store at midnight. Yeah, right. Sure. I still wonder if they graduated her.

Here's my stupidest response to a threat:
I was in a parking lot at a biker bar (yeah, dumb, but I was 21) when this big, tatted up biker chick tells me she's gonna kick my a$$. I'm not a hundred pounds dripping wet but half of me is thinking this could be fun (did I say I was young?) and the other half is thinking this is really gonna hurt.
I considered the situation for a second then said, "Where did you get them?"
She yells, "What are you talking about Bi#$%?"
"Your earrings," I replied. "I love them. Where did you find them?"
I still can't believe she melted like a kitten and started babbling about her earrings, and I walked away unscathed.

G

Gaidheal

Classic example of why psychology beats physiology every time.

Woman was insecure.. you reaffirmed her self-worth and suddenly you are no longer a threat, but an additional 'pillar' for her ego. Way to go ;¬)

John

C

Chrono

ThatWasAKick said:
In high school a girl calls me and tells me she wants to "kick my a$$" then asks me if I would meet her and her friends in an alley behind a store at midnight. Yeah, right. Sure. I still wonder if they graduated her.
So...did you meet her and her friend? Maybe "Kick my ***" could have meant something else?

T

ThatWasAKick

Kick? Did I say kick? I meant to say kiss. LOL

Actually, I did meet them. I figured they were going to find me one way or another and better on my turf than theirs, so I invited them to come kick me **** - at my house. (At least a house has a phone you can use to call an ambulance after four girls beat you up, right?)

The ringleader stayed in the car while the other three came inside to tell me how bad I was going to feel. I agreed, then explained to them that at least a couple of them were going to feel pretty bad, too, and yet their "boss" was sitting out in the car being safe while they were inside ready to get whooped on.
What kind of a wimp is she? She's too scared... etc. etc.

Gawd, I love psychology. By the time I was done talking I had those girls so mad at their ringleader that they stormed out of the house - to go after her. There is very little intelligence in the pack mentality.
End of threat.

I really think most fights can be avoided by intuition, attitude & psychology.

G

Gaidheal

ThatWasAKick said:
Gawd, I love psychology. By the time I was done talking I had those girls so mad at their ringleader that they stormed out of the house - to go after her.
End of threat.
Nice ;¬) I've done similar and I, too, love psychology.

ThatWasAKick said:
I really think most fights can be avoided by intuition, attitude & psychology.
They can. Of those I have been involved in I have always had the option to avoid it, but have chosen not to (for whatever reason, justified or otherwise). Some situations inevitably are violent with no 'out' besides retaliation / defence, but these are a tiny fraction for everyday civilians.

John

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
CMack11 said:
"and I'm the kind of guy who will sit outside your house at 3 in the morning with a deer rifle waiting to get a clean shot."
That’s so funny.....the neighbours will be saying....'he seemed like such a quite guy, keeped to himself!!! LOL

CMack11

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured that was the best way to keep him off balance, and it worked like a charm! He still looks at me funny when I talk about it.

T

ThatWasAKick

Yeah, that totally cracked me up, too. I had to tell your story at the dojo.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
being a girl i always like the

you wanna go thing ..umm i have a big mouth(get into fights with guys and girls alike) and so i come up with some smart *** comment like i wouldnt go out with you if my life depended on it but id be happy to have you go at your head (usely followed by a nice head high kick far enuff away to not get it grabed but close enuff to make em think twice ...oh BTW my new instructors are working really hard and getting me to shut my mouth i dont know how many push ups iv done cus things get back to them

J

Jim

'What're you lookin at' is a pretty common, yet well used challenge where I come from.

My standard, and favourite, reply is... 'A f****n dead man'. But then again it does get me into a fight. Maybe I should work on another reply?

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Once when I was deliverying pizzas a guy pointed a gun at me and said, "Your pizza or your life". After thinking about that for .00045 seconds I gave him the pizza and walked off and called the cops. Ten minutes later he was enjoying his pepperoni in a nice comfy cell.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bays
http://www.WoodlandArchery.com

T

ThatWasAKick

Your pizza or your life? You gotta be kidding! Crazy!

Silat Student said:
My favorite reply to that is "I dunno, but it's lookin' back".
lol Oh yes. Now I can't wait to have someone ask me that question so I can use this response.
<Leaves forum to go stare hard at everyone she meets>