Sifu question

F

Fool Wolf

About 7 years ago I was in a Kung Fu class in Daytona Beach, FL. The instructor was Lao li, but he went by Larry. He defected from China when he was performing at the theme park Splendid China. Does anyone know if he is still around and teaching?

Thanks

FW

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Which style of Kung Fu was he teaching? They might ahve a website where you could find him.

OP
F

Fool Wolf

He specialized in Eagle Claw, but was extremely proficient in a wide range of other styles to include Hsing-i, northern and southern Kung Fu, Pa gua, tai chi, etc. He was part of the Chinese Wushu team from the time he was very little to the time he defected. I checked for websites but didn't find anything

vr

fw

OP
F

Fool Wolf

7starmantis,

That could be it. Everyone in the class knew him as Larry... There is an article about him in the April 98 issue of Kung FU. He spells it Luo Li. In 1989 and 91 he won the national Wushu competition of China. In thr '92 National Wushu Competition he won first for Eagle Claw boxing. He was a great guy, I would like to know what he is doing now.

Thanks
FW

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, well, that page shows him winning those competitions you mentioned and he is very well known in ealge claw. Maybe you should try to contact him from that webpage. That would probably be the easiest. There is also a picture of him on that site, that would help to.

7sm

Latest Discussions