sidekick backkick aerial combo

OP
T

TkdWarrior

try searching for "korean tigers" they r group of TKD guy/girls doing all those matrix type flashy kicks
-TkdWarrior-

OP
T

TkdWarrior

hehe they hav performed in their series too dragon :)
-TkdWarrior-

OP
W

white dragon

You could use a roundhouse/turning-kick, side kick, hook kick, cresent, whatever. Depending on which direction you're spinning in though of course.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Robbo
That's like saying Kenpo is just hitting a opponent really fast LOL.
:D
Rob

...REALLY?! damn...I've been had!! :rofl:

seriously though...all the clips on those sites have a 540 round kick. and the one of the Korean TKD 740 he's doin' a hook on that apple. damn...my fat **** can't jump that high and stay in the air that long. it's an impossibility of the metaphysical plane of existence...in other words, I could stand to lose a few pounds...hehe.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
there was also a clip of the triple side kick. what he did was kinda of what I was saying, except his last kick looked sorta like a round kick on the high board. and the combo is ALOT easier on a person or heavy bag than it is on three seperate boards at different heights....awesome example of the kick, tho. ^^

OP
A

Angus

The actual "540" is a jumping inward crescent. Anything besides that and it's going to be mentioned, like "540 hook", or something. A 540 roundhouse is REALLY hard to do and make it an actual roundhouse given the mechanics for the turn.

Tornado kick: jump spinning inward crescent. Same mechanics as a 360 roundhouse, where the non-jumping leg is brought up first (completely chambered) about 180 degrees before the actual kick is thrown up (which should be in the same direction as you started), landing on the non-kicking leg. It's a pretty common kick, but people don't always recognize the name because it comes from American Karate. It's the precursor kick to a standard 540 because you have to get the non-kicking leg up perfectly and be able to maintain balance perfectly before you can think about doing 540s very well (being that the non-kicking leg has to be thrown HIGH and then gotten out of the way so you can land on the kicking leg!).

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For me, I got the 360, but when I do the 540, I keep landing with both feet. Gggggrrrrrrr. I get the kicking leg down, but the other one comes down, too :mad:

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For me, I got the 360, but when I do the 540, I keep landing with both feet. Gggggrrrrrrr. I get the kicking leg down, but the other one comes down, too

Just do a search on the web for "540 kick" there are some really good tutorials that have all the tips and tricks.

Rob