Shootfighting

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had no idea shootfighting was still around and different from MMA. I also did not know it had ranks. I was searching the web today and came across someone saying they were a Level 3 Instructor for Shootfighting. To be honest I have no idea what that means but I was amazed that shootfighting is still around.

Does anyone have any idea what it means to be a Level 3 Instructor for Shootfighting?

Does anyone have more info on Shootfighing? That link is pretty much all I know.

And while I am asking questions what is a CQT Trainer and what is the PWCA?

I saw the PWCA listed as "Licensed CM Assistant Trainer Accredited by the PCWA" And I have no idea what this is either.

I know CQT stands for Close Quarter Tactics but again I am not sure what that really means as far as being a trainer goes

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shootfighting is a trademark under Bart Vale, who was a pro wrestler in Japan for several years. He only had 3 real fights in MMA competition, losing 2 of them. His only victory was against a guy he outweighed by close to 70lbs and had never fought before, or after.

www.shootfighting.com is his website. with http://www.shootfighting.com/rank_isfa.html being a list of instructors and rankings.

I have a buddy I used to train with that moved down to florida and went to a Bart Vale seminar. He wasn't very impressed with Vale's technique as they didn't have very good control to apply submissions or control positions, and said that Vale used his size and strength more than any type of technique, which, from watching Vale's MMA fights, was how he fought in MMA.

I think you'd be better off going with a BJJ school or a Combat Submission Wrestling affilliate if you can find one (Erik Paulson's hybrid grappling org). http://erikpaulson.com/ .

Check it out and see what you think, as always, YMMV

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Shootfighting is a trademark under Bart Vale, who was a pro wrestler in Japan for several years. He only had 3 real fights in MMA competition, losing 2 of them. His only victory was against a guy he outweighed by close to 70lbs and had never fought before, or after.

www.shootfighting.com is his website. with http://www.shootfighting.com/rank_isfa.html being a list of instructors and rankings.

I have a buddy I used to train with that moved down to florida and went to a Bart Vale seminar. He wasn't very impressed with Vale's technique as they didn't have very good control to apply submissions or control positions, and said that Vale used his size and strength more than any type of technique, which, from watching Vale's MMA fights, was how he fought in MMA.

I think you'd be better off going with a BJJ school or a Combat Submission Wrestling affilliate if you can find one (Erik Paulson's hybrid grappling org). http://erikpaulson.com/ .

Check it out and see what you think, as always, YMMV

Thanks, actually I am not planning on going there I was just curious as to what it all meant.

If it helps the same guy also has this

6th Degree Black Belt Kempo Karate
3rd Degree Black Belt American Kempo
Representative Carlos Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association (Brown Belt)

Does anyone know what;

A "Licensed CM Assistant Trainer Accredited by the PCWA" is?

And what does it mean to be a Close Quarter Tactics trainer?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understood it coming from chute fighting, chute being French (maybe Spanish/Portugese as well?) for ground. Chute Boxe being a rather good MMA team in Brazil. We have London Shoot fighters another very good MMA team. It's MMA as far as we know here, no different and no ranks, grading etc.

http://www.londonshootfighters.com/

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

Close Quarter Tactics Trainer is supposed to mean that he trains military and Law Enforcement in small unit, close proximity combat tactics, is full gear, and guns, and all that entails, tanking into consideration the operational parameters of the mission.

Sometimes the concerns are weapon retention, arrest, and weapon to hand transitions for control.

You can't always shoot people or kill them. And you have to take into account that you have a gun that if you don;t control the situation can be taken away.

Also, you do this with backup and everyone is drilled on what to do, including formations, entries, clearing areas, securing areas, etc.

Hope that helps. Don't know about the other things, though.

Juan M. Mercado

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
"Licensed CM Assistant Trainer Accredited by the PCWA" is a group setup by Rodney King to help spread his Crazy Monkey Defense program. It's a boxing defense (shelling) adapted to work without boxign gloves on. Designed for MMA and self defense.

Do a youtube search for Rodney king Crazy Monkey for some vids. Very good stuff.

it sounds like a good school to learn from with the different backgrounds. The brown belt in BJJ is pretty impressive.

Latest Discussions