Shootfighting

A

albert

I was wondering if anyone out there practices this.

How practical is it for real-life situations? What's the training like?

I know that it combines Muay Thai and Jujitsu techniques - but wouldn't this be difficult to progress in? To be qualified to teach it would probably take a few decades, no?

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bart Vale is the owner of the shootfighting name. He is a 7th degree black belt in Tracy kenpo. I received jr. instructor rank about 5 or 6 years ago. To get this you must know someone and be invited to a camp which Bart puts on 2 times a year. Basically Shootfighting is No Holds Barred fighting. The name comes from Japanese organzation can't remember the name, but it broke up and three different branches formed. Shootfighting, Shootwrestling, and I think Pancrase. Each Organzation has different rules. But real simple it's just like you said "Muay Thai with Jujutsu".
Bob :D

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't remember I've got an Mag with Bart's autogragh it's in there.I'll look it up. Also they don't wear gi's usually t-shirts and shorts or sweat pants.
Bob :D

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by albert

I was wondering if anyone out there practices this.

How practical is it for real-life situations? What's the training like?

I know that it combines Muay Thai and Jujitsu techniques - but wouldn't this be difficult to progress in? To be qualified to teach it would probably take a few decades, no?
Really? I thought in combined freestyle wrestling, jujitsu, sumo, and karate. I think it started with a wrestler showing two Japanese wrestling. But Kempo is right about it breaking up into three major branches.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Shooto was from Satoru Sayama

Basicly this all came From Japnies Pro Wrestling
& Europen Hooking.

A Shoot is when 1 or 2 Wrestlers
Made the match 2 real.

A lot of Guy's wanted to test them Selves
So they started makin this more & more
Realitic.

Lou Thesz & Karol Gotch