shoes

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Mainly because not all surfaces are equally suited to training without shoes. My garage for example. A concrete floor that tend to accumulate a lot of pebbles, and vast amounts of dirt. Noth worth gouging a divot out of my sole and risking infection etc if I can use a quality MA shoe instead.

The question becomes completely different in the dojang, but for training on my own on inconsistant surfaces, I'll with the shoes. That, and it's good practice to get used to how the dynamics of kicking shift when you're wearing shoes. A random thug's not gonna wait for you to take your shoes off after all.
Very good points, that I didn't think of.

- Hwoarang_tkd26

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have worn the following training shoes: Macho, Sang Moo Sa (Pine Tree), and Adidas...

My experiences have all been favorable with the only differences between the three being in price and design! (Well, I think the soles are a little softer on the Sang Moo Sa which allows greater traction on hard, slick surfaces!)

TAEKWON!
Spookey

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to do form with MA shoes, Adidas, at my mother's yard, outside. She had uneven ground, gnarley roots, to say it was a challenge is the least. I ended up getting blisters. Something about the twisting in them. TW

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I also find shoes to be of good use on any type of floor if one of your students has foot fungus or anything of the like. Make the offender wear shoes. :p

For minor toe/foot injuries I feel that shoes also allow a little bit more protection.

Latest Discussions