Shinsei Kenpo - New Style for ME!

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have begun a new journey and have started learning both
Shinsei Kenpo and American Kenpo (Insane - I know!)
Shinsei Kenpo is a style created by Professor Phil Lewis of
Shepherd Warrior Ministries, it is a elclectic style of Kenpo/kempo,
Arnis, Tang Soo Do, and JuJitsu based upon Biblical Principles.
Check it out at www.shepherdwarriors.us

I just started the style this week and decided to record myself performing the
first two forms! I know I messed up a couple of times....but that's the fun of it!

Enjoy

I have recorded myself doing 2 Kata's: Bursting the Bonds and Pressing Towards the Mark:

Bursting to the Bonds:

(Early Error -- Already Know)

(Taking it slow and easy)

Pressing Towards the Mark:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
never seen so many negative feedback results on my videos....I didnt think they where that bad!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
never seen so many negative feedback results on my videos....I didnt think they where that bad!!
Thank you for posting them. I have a few issues with that back foot, mostly the left. I would point it more toward the target; and, other than needing bending your knees a bit more, I think you did fine.
Sean

OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for posting them. I have a few issues with that back foot, mostly the left. I would point it more toward the target; and, other than needing bending your knees a bit more, I think you did fine.
Sean

Thanks TOD! Still working out a few kinks with the forms, I will definately make those adjustments, both forms where recorded with only learning them a day before!

Chris

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks TOD! Still working out a few kinks with the forms, I will definately make those adjustments, both forms where recorded with only learning them a day before!

Chris
I think a good rule of thumb is to have your back foot at the most be a 45 degree angle to your opponent, and that left foot was pushing 90 degrees at one point. I think its awesome that you posted the vids; I lack the equipment. And I don't know if I could handle all the fame.:ultracool
Sean

OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think a good rule of thumb is to have your back foot at the most be a 45 degree angle to your opponent, and that left foot was pushing 90 degrees at one point. I think its awesome that you posted the vids; I lack the equipment. And I don't know if I could handle all the fame.:ultracool
Sean

its certainly not the fame im after, im actually becoming infamous rather than fame...
Thanks again for the tips I will have new vids on wed or thurs!

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does Shinsei Kenpo have self defense techniques like EPAK or Tracy Kenpo?

OP
Yondanchris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Does Shinsei Kenpo have self defense techniques like EPAK or Tracy Kenpo?

Yes, Shinsei Kenpo has approx 8 per belt level...thats just an estimate based upon what I have been exposed to within the system. Many of them are actually borrowed from American and Shaolin Kenpo. For more info please check out the website and contact Prof Lewis who is happy to answer any questions you might have!

http://www.shepherdwarriors.us

[email protected]

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Chris