Shinkendo Sword

Ronnin

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm embarking on a new voyage which I'm very excited about, I'm begining to learn Shinkendo. So before I get totally started, and waste money on products I'm not sure of, can anyone tell me what size Kaatana is used for this art? Also if you know of a good site to look at. I'm aware of Cheness, and Mantis that I would trust, other trust worthy site would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone !!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suggest not buying anything until your instructor tells you what you need, and what meets his or her standards.

OP
Ronnin

Ronnin

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would suggest not buying anything until your instructor tells you what you need, and what meets his or her standards.
This is good advice, I was just wondering if anyone here was already involved and could tell me, I'm just being excited and impatient :ultracool !!

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That is absolutely correct, especially in Shinkendo. Your instructor will tell you exactly what sword to get, and where to get it.

I'm aware of Cheness, and Mantis that I would trust ...
For what it's worth, I wouldn't trust any of the inexpensive Chinese made swords on the market today without a thorough inspection by someone that knows exactly what they are doing. I have seen swords from both Cheness and Mantis that were deadly accidents just waiting to happen. However, I have also seen swords from both those companies that were decent enough to safely use for regular practice. The quality is all over the scale, which is why it needs a thorough inspection before any sort of use.

Latest Discussions