Shin kick... hwo do i know i'm doing it at its full potential?

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I could kick trough a 3X3 cm 1 m long stick at ease but i guess thats something any1 could do if not afraid to go at full power... shins didnt hurt ... i aim for more... il ltry kicking trough a 5X5cm one too see if i can breack it...( damn i sound so dumb by saying this and i probably am)

I made myself a hitting pole, so to speack, what i actually did was one metal pillar wrape up tightly into one layer of 5 cm poliuretanic foam, kinda same thing they use for judo mats. Is it a good thing to train on? or shall i make myself a heavy bad made by a standard size sac filled with compressed sawdust...
What can i say... i lack money to buy myself equipment but i got some spare materials.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah don't do that unless you want permanent damage when your older

OP
Zephyor

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Please don't kick wood sticks for conditioning.
I don't kick sticks for conditioning, i kicked one, once, to see if my kick is strong enough to break it. I also had my striking leg wrapped in cloth.
I do use a construction pole , wraped up in a shock absorbing surface to drill my kicks. feels no different from a genuine bag.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah mabye a bit more padding on that pole. You have to do lots of kicks to get good kicks. And the harder the surface you kick. The less kicks you can do.

A lot of impact damage is cumulative. So you can be Van Damme one moment and Kurt furnley the next.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always train smart keeping injuries to a minimum. Being well conditioned from slow steady training will assure you will be in one piece when you are older......

Latest Discussions