Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Speaking of blasts from the past...this has been running through my head today..

and this one has been popping into my demented little noggin for about 2 weeks now

Wow.. poignant that is what that Warren Zevon is.. Is a song with heart yes? I am going to keep that one thank you :) xo What is he wistful or maybe he still have a defiance or some thing else? I cannot tell?? what is that song meaning??

Little Feat haha.. you are just some good old boys.. never meaning no harm.. ha.. do you know what this lyric is?? is a tv show my dad watch?? Little Feat and ZZ Top actually that is pretty cool for old stuff.. hey since I am not converting you any time soon to edm, maybe you know this? this sound omg I just love this sound is so raw like wow :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wow.. poignant that is what that Warren Zevon is.. Is a song with heart yes? I am going to keep that one thank you :) xo What is he wistful or maybe he still have a defiance or some thing else? I cannot tell?? what is that song meaning??

Little Feat haha.. you are just some good old boys.. never meaning no harm.. ha.. do you know what this lyric is?? is a tv show my dad watch?? Little Feat and ZZ Top actually that is pretty cool for old stuff.. hey since I am not converting you any time soon to edm, maybe you know this? this sound omg I just love this sound is so raw like wow :D

That would be my era, I remember that, and I LIKE IT!!!!! :)

And speaking of the early 80s, and raw sound.....Stevie Ray Vaughan

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That would be my era, I remember that, and I LIKE IT!!!!! :)

And speaking of the early 80s, and raw sound.....Stevie Ray Vaughan

Oooh I like a meaty version like this.. is very tasty.. #bigsmile :) You just listen to 1980 bands? what you think of this here? maybe is too prior to your era?? I think the sound is fabulous big and dreamy and expansive from this era specially overdriven rotary organ and big beefy kick drums.. sound like an open road no?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oooh I like a meaty version like this.. is very tasty.. #bigsmile :) You just listen to 1980 bands? what you think of this here? maybe is too prior to your era?? I think the sound is fabulous big and dreamy and expansive from this era specially overdriven rotary organ and big beefy kick drums.. sound like an open road no?

I listen to everything from Renaissance Period to today, and I saw Uriah Heep in concert once, grew up through the 70s

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heard this today on the radio, I had not heard this in quite a while.

But that lead my demented little noggin to start running this song though my head

Which then switched to this song….

I sometimes scare myself with the way my brain works :D

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I listen to everything from Renaissance Period to today, and I saw Uriah Heep in concert once, grew up through the 70s

You mean Ramones were around in the Renaissance period? I might guess Rolling stones would have been around for a renaissance period gig for Michaelangelo and them squared off studious kids :p

And your Bob Seger do you own all of those songs I mean like on vinyl records or cassettes or CDs or something??

two of my faves put together here.. yay! Dunder chief haha..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You mean Ramones were around in the Renaissance period? I might guess Rolling stones would have been around for a renaissance period gig for Michaelangelo and them squared off studious kids :p

And your Bob Seger do you own all of those songs I mean like on vinyl records or cassettes or CDs or something??

two of my faves put together here.. yay! Dunder chief haha..

Had them on vinyl and cassette:)

Joan Jett huh.... had her on cassette...to play in my stereo, with a cassette deck.... in my old Buick .:)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Had them on vinyl and cassette:)

Joan Jett huh.... had her on cassette...to play in my stereo, with a cassette deck.... in my old Buick .:)

Yes tho you know was not Joan Jett song I love Rock and Roll! was band called Arrows, omg JJ Bad Reputation is just the bestest thing ever!! Mind I only know that off of Hitgirl scene from Kickass movie

I like this so much.. I can get you to like some thing from this decade? :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes tho you know was not Joan Jett song I love Rock and Roll! was band called Arrows, omg JJ Bad Reputation is just the bestest thing ever!! Mind I only know that off of Hitgirl scene from Kickass movie

I like this so much.. I can get you to like some thing from this decade? :)

Never heard that before, but I like it, more so today for some reason I have yet to figure out, other than being rather pensive today.

And I like a lot of music from this decade, I just can't think of any at the moment. :)

Today I am thinking about things and I realized that today I have little faith in faith, which brought this some to mind.

But on the radio today I heard 2 I have not heard in a long time, but I reather like. The first one may come as a surprise, but I have always liked this song, also seems to be better today due to my current pensiveness

This one just cause I like it, and was surprised to hear it on the radio this morning.

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Never heard that before, but I like it, more so today for some reason I have yet to figure out, other than being rather pensive today.

And I like a lot of music from this decade, I just can't think of any at the moment. :)

Today I am thinking about things and I realized that today I have little faith in faith, which brought this some to mind.

But on the radio today I heard 2 I have not heard in a long time, but I reather like. The first one may come as a surprise, but I have always liked this song, also seems to be better today due to my current pensiveness

This one just cause I like it, and was surprised to hear it on the radio this morning.

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
Your tunes are pretty cool you know, I like the Focus Hocus Pocus haha cos I do not know this and I really like hearing stuff I had not heard..

And you have little faith in faith or is just a lyric? For me, faith and belief are the opposite of knowing, one encourage superstition and obsession and the other steadfastness.. :)

I have a question for you, what is a good, happy, upbeat, cheery, positive, uplifting, inspiring, motivating song.. any thing like that, any genre any era??? You would know some thing like this at all?? I give you gold star if it is song from not 1970s or not 1980s.. :) xo

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Your tunes are pretty cool you know, I like the Focus Hocus Pocus haha cos I do not know this and I really like hearing stuff I had not heard..

And you have little faith in faith or is just a lyric? For me, faith and belief are the opposite of knowing, one encourage superstition and obsession and the other steadfastness.. :)

I have a question for you, what is a good, happy, upbeat, cheery, positive, uplifting, inspiring, motivating song.. any thing like that, any genre any era??? You would know some thing like this at all?? I give you gold star if it is song from not 1970s or not 1980s.. :) xo

That is actually rather easy...and likely much newer than you would expect from me :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is actually rather easy...and likely much newer than you would expect from me :)

Yay I like this break from conventions! Is give me good start to the morning here :) Gold stars all around for you XS :)

and cos I know you will totally dig this haha..

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Styx, I like that.. is a complex lyric maybe? Hmmm now I am wondering.. would Steve listen to Styx..

I watch this on loops ha.. have you ever listen to a Styx song on a loop? :p

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Love Styx. Never on a loop though. I had several albums on vinyl as a kid and wore them out.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Styx and but not on a loop.. did you ever listen to your Styx vinyl backwards? How would that work, you would have to play it manually it with your finger? Lot of bands were supposed to have done backmasking, I do not know about Styx? I like to hear a person in a song they might share x

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yay I like this break from conventions! Is give me good start to the morning here :) Gold stars all around for you XS :)

and cos I know you will totally dig this haha..

Ironically, an interesting story, at least to me, is associated with that song, one which I will not share on this open web page, nothing earth shattering, or depressing, just personal.

and with that...another song from the Beastie Boys

I like a lot of very different music...Bach to the Beasties, Beethoven to Band of Skulls, Mozart to Motorhead, Liszt to Linkin Park, Chopin to Charlie Daniels.

Last edited:
OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ironically, an interesting story, at least to me, is associated with that song, one which I will not share on this open web page, nothing earth shattering, or depressing, just personal.

and with that...another song from the Beastie Boys

I like a lot of very different music...Bach to the Beasties, Beethoven to Band of Skulls, Mozart to Motorhead, Liszt to Linkin Park, Chopin to Charlie Daniels.
Sad for Linkin Park tho like have you seen the music charts seem that dying is the best thing some one can do for download sales Linkin Park Earns Record 23 Titles on Hot Rock Songs Chart

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sad for Linkin Park tho like have you seen the music charts seem that dying is the best thing some one can do for download sales Linkin Park Earns Record 23 Titles on Hot Rock Songs Chart

Sad yes, but the sales going up after a death in the band, sadly not surprising, I would not be surprised if the same exact thing dod not occur after Chris Cornell's untimely death.. and with that I shall leave you with these and go for my walk along the river.

Always wanted to be a member of a Segway gang :D