Share your greatest song or lyric???

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm feeling nostalgic, too. Another one from my misspent youth: ministry stigmata.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel like such a wuss on this thread. Everything I have shared is jangle pop, introspective, mopey stuff. LOL Time to He-man it up!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I feel like such a wuss on this thread. Everything I have shared is jangle pop, introspective, mopey stuff. LOL Time to He-man it up!

I got those, too, but I am more angry right now.
Trying not to wash away in my tears of despair.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
alright. Blame Wingchun100, because he's bringing up all the 80's era alternative, punk and New Wave. Started thinking about this because of Ministry. I actually started listening to Ministry before they really found their voice. First Ministry song I ever heard was this one: Everyday is Halloween. Nothing like their later stuff, but I still think this is a cool song that brings back a lot of good memories from Skoochie's, the Monastery and Club Broadway.

And this is Divine, native love. I just love this song. It's shameless, early 80's, cross dressing, white guy rapping awesomeness:

Hey GQ man, here I stand for everyone to see.
If I'm not your type, well that's alright. Cause that don't matter to me.
Got the rhythm to the rhyme, I'm right on time. I'm gonna blow your mind.
This native love is restless and I'm just not satisfied.

Afrika Bambaataa:

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
this one isn't what I'd call mopey, but it's a beautiful son I like very much.

I cannot see any of the videos now, because I moved to the new agency job, and here they have blocked it because it is streaming media.

But I earn about $10,000 more per year.

Oh, the sacrifices we make. LOL

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Herd both of these on the radio this morning, back to back, in this order, and for some reason they just seemed to hit a chord (no pun intended) today. Kind of just relaxed and listened.

Richard Shindell - "Stray Cow Blues"

Mark Knopfler - Border Reiver

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Grabbed a random CD out of the center console of the car this morning and popped in the CD player and this is what started playing

Bounty Hunter by Molly Hatchet

I have not heard this in a long time and it brought back all sorts of memories of that period I generally refer to as my misspent youth (late teens early 20s)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

It seems I have been pushed close to the edge....quiet becomes less of an option.....