Shaolin or Animal Style schools near Sacramento, California??

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have not had much luck finding any schools that teach Shaolin based martial arts near Sacramento California area. Anyone here know of any? I found a couple, Choy Li Fut schools, but I feel their prices for classes are real high per month ($200). I am interested in animal styles and Shoalin martial arts always have many in their training. I am not familiar with non Shaolin based schools that offer animal styles but if there are, and near Sacramento, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Choy lay fut is a good method, who are the teachers, are they connected to Tat Mau Wong?

$200 a month does seem high, I agree. But if the instruction is good, it's a very good method, and does have some internal five animals material.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have a comparison on pricing for that area, but I concur with FC, CLF is a good system as well, provided the instruction is legit.

OP
A

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One of the schools, actually 3 of them, all owned by Sifu - Alan Hubbard. He has 3 schools around the Sacramento area. $180 per month. The other school, did not tell me the owners name, so don't know. They were not listed on the Choy Li Fut web site. They wanted $225 per month. Add fuel mileage and I am well over $300. Too much for me.

tom

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of the schools, actually 3 of them, all owned by Sifu - Alan Hubbard. He has 3 schools around the Sacramento area. $180 per month. The other school, did not tell me the owners name, so don't know. They were not listed on the Choy Li Fut web site. They wanted $225 per month. Add fuel mileage and I am well over $300. Too much for me.

tom

That is a chunck of change, even for California. I don't know anything about Alan Hubbard.

Do you actually live in Sacramento, or outside in one of the other cities? Are you too far to travel to San Francisco? There's a lot of good schools here, but it would be a real commute to do so...

OP
A

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am up in the foothills about an hour drive to Sacramento. SF would be like a 3.5 hour drive for me one way. Too much. <grin>

Sacramento is as far as I can go. Prefer closer of course but figuring Sac is the major area here, that is where I would be luckiest.

tom

Latest Discussions