shaolin long fist practitioner from OC california

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not many secrets out there anymore.
The move at 22.40 may be useful for BJJ people - get back up from the ground without using hand.

Can this be a secret? If one doesn't know, he just doesn't know. One may figure out this by himself. But how long will that take?

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
The move at 22.40 may be useful for BJJ people - get back up from the ground without using hand.

Can this be a secret? If one doesn't know, he just doesn't know. One may figure out this by himself. But how long will that take?

I first saw Tim Cartmell do that move. It was only one of many impressive things he did. I don’t think it’s secret but it isn’t common either.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I first saw Tim Cartmell do that move. It was only one of many impressive things he did. I don’t think it’s secret but it isn’t common either.
I like that move a lot. Besides the combat usage, It's good for health (I used to do 20 reps on that move daily). I believe it came from the De-Tang "地躺" system.

This one is a bit harder to do. MA has many challenge moves. That's why it's so much fun to train MA.

Here is another way to get back up without using the hand.

how to screenshot on windows

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like that move a lot. Besides the combat usage, It's good for health (I used to do 20 reps on that move daily). I believe it came from the De-Tang "地躺" system.

This one is a bit harder to do. MA has many challenge moves. That's why it's so much fun to train MA.

Here is another way to get back up without using the hand.

how to screenshot on windows
One of my students can do the first one. This is good stuff and useful.

OP
callagon

callagon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you can list the name of your long fist forms that you have learned, may be someone can figure out which long fist branch that your long fist system may come from.
hei hu quan
sha hu yuan
sha hong quan
da hong quan
jing gan quan
gong rho quan
lohan gong rho quan
su lu quan
those are from what i can remember

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
i dont believe so. does anyone know of Duke Y.M. Cheng?
I do!

Whenever someone's asking you if you study the mantis, or the 8 directions, you should say "I do not ignore them".
I practice a system that is mostly southern. Sorry I can’t help there. @Oily Dragon knows a ton of this lineage stuff and can likely help you.
Oh boy, I wish. But maybe.

What I would rather do is bring them to the Gateless Gate, the Mu mon kan, to give them six, maybe even eight arms of Nata. After that, four times seven of the Indian patriarchs, combined with three times two of the Chinese.

And then watch as they walk through effortlessly. Alas, I am the dreamer.

OP
callagon

callagon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I do!

Whenever someone's asking you if you study the mantis, or the 8 directions, you should say "I do not ignore them".

Oh boy, I wish. But maybe.

What I would rather do is bring them to the Gateless Gate, the Mu mon kan, to give them six, maybe even eight arms of Nata. After that, four times seven of the Indian patriarchs, combined with three times two of the Chinese.

And then watch as they walk through effortlessly. Alas, I am the dreamer.
if you have any information on him or his style please let me know. ive been trying to find history of his style but for the past 4 months have been comming up with not much

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
if you have any information on him or his style please let me know. ive been trying to find history of his style but for the past 4 months have been comming up with not much
Master Cheng was a scholar and gentleman of Kung Fu. His background was very complex. It's not fair to say he has one style, like most great masters he studied many.

"The mantis that Sifu Cheng teaches in the beginning is not Plum Flower (except for Meihualuo). You will learn Qishou, Lipiquan, Meihuashou, Meihualuo, and Jingangquan. Sifu teaches much Shaolin in the beginning with Mantis at times interspersed in the curriculum."

Sounds about right.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
As far as I can tell all of the following were part of Cheng's syllabus, but whether or not anybody was taught anything here depends on the student.

A rare video of meihua luo

Anither rare video of application

Some internal qigong

This last one is of a direct student of YM Cheng.

Last edited:
OP
callagon

callagon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you everyone for helping me. please if i can repay the favor please ask

Latest Discussions