Shaolin Kempo Masters Missing?

Tezquatl

White Belt
Reaction score
One of those names, Robert "Bob" Huckins, I know very well. I trained with him for years. He is a talented Martial Artist who broke away from USSD to start his own school. He still trains and teaches privates. He has some great first hand knowledge of the old days and I heard all the other names asked about on the thread. He always spoke highly of Mr. Villari and Jon Fritz.
-Tezquatl

OP
G

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One of those names, Robert "Bob" Huckins, I know very well. I trained with him for years. He is a talented Martial Artist who broke away from USSD to start his own school. He still trains and teaches privates. He has some great first hand knowledge of the old days and I heard all the other names asked about on the thread. He always spoke highly of Mr. Villari and Jon Fritz.
-Tezquatl

Where is he now though? That's the question...

OP
G

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey, what happened to Cal Carrozzi? He's magically dropped off the face of the internet. Where's Harvey Thaler?

Bark89

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, what happened to Cal Carrozzi? He's magically dropped off the face of the internet. Where's Harvey Thaler?

I have never met Cal but I have a friend that just told me that Cal recently moved his school down the street.

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
Was this back in 1997? I remember a district manager telling me he was embezling or something. I didn't think much of it though because those guy would automatically **** talk like crazy if you left USSD.

The phone book issue came after he was already out of USSD. The final straw we were told about was the company suspected he was buying supplies outside the company and one day they caught him. Several USSD instructors from Northern California had Professor Mattera's name on there Yellow Page bills. Supposedly Master Woods told them not to pay it since legally Professor Mattera would have to. I remember the company feeling like they were scrapping while that got paid off.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have never met Cal but I have a friend that just told me that Cal recently moved his school down the street.
As stated above...Cal moved his school 2 doors down closer to the Salem line...or facing his school from the street 2 doors to the left....I have worked out under him from 1973-2006. He is a very good MA and instructor...at points where I would think why do I still come here what more can I learn? Another technique another form...He would run a class that would leave me realizing there is ALWAYS something to learn...Don't get complacent about your training....
Got questions? I'll answer what I can...

Julia Buresh

White Belt
Reaction score
Long shot - posting on very old thread here but I am looking to get in touch with GM Cal Carrozzi. Per YELP his school in Peabody is closed. My dad was Bill Buresh who studied under GM Carrozzi. My Dad passed away two years ago and I have since taken up martial arts in Cambridge MA. I would love to connect with GM Carrozzi and perhaps take a lesson from him. He did come to my Dad's wake but I didn't have the chance to ask him for his contact information. Any leads are appreciated!