• Thread starter Master of Blades
  • Start date
M

Master of Blades

Anyone seen this movie? It better then the first one? :asian:

OP
F

fist of fury

I liked it better. What didn't you like about the first one it will be easier to answer your question.

OP
M

Master of Blades

I liked the first one a lot.....But I still wanna see the second one....It has female characters :D

OP
E

Elfan

I didn't like it nearly as much. The setting was incohernt and Jackie Chan seems to finally be showing his age (or he has just broken everything in his body to many time).

For example, in one of his old movies (Project A?) when the script calls for jumping off a clock tower, he well jumps off a clock tower. In Shanghai knights its done with crapy CG.

I thought the first one was excelent though.

OP
M

Master of Blades

So worth seeing or not? :asian:

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
knights didn't seem to have as much action in it. it relied more on the comedy to get you through the movie. it's enjoyable, not something i would go out of my way to see again, but if it was on tv i would definitely watch it. i saw it in the theatre...i'd say it's definitely worth a rent.

I'll agree with Elfan....Chan may be starting to show his age. I'd still like to be able to do half of the stuff he can do now. The clocktower thing...Big Ben...i wasn't all that surprised that they didn't do that for real...especiall since Owen Wilson was up there with him, and if you fall off Big Ben i'm pretty sure you'll be dead.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by tarabos
knights didn't seem to have as much action in it. it relied more on the comedy to get you through the movie. it's enjoyable, not something i would go out of my way to see again, but if it was on tv i would definitely watch it. i saw it in the theatre...i'd say it's definitely worth a rent.

I'll agree with Elfan....Chan may be starting to show his age. I'd still like to be able to do half of the stuff he can do now. The clocktower thing...Big Ben...i wasn't all that surprised that they didn't do that for real...especiall since Owen Wilson was up there with him, and if you fall off Big Ben i'm pretty sure you'll be dead.

Yeah......you fall off Big Ben then your dead :D I can vouch for that....and I dont think that would let our clock tower be used for that kinda thing either :asian:

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

I liked this movie. Plus the girl that plays Jackies sister is so cute. I also love her movie fighting scenes too.......

Something about a sexy asian woman kicking up a storm.....:D

Chicago Green
Dragon :asian:

OP
A

Andi

It was quite funny and some of the names were kind of clever. I don't think it was as good as the first one, and Donnie Yen was wasted (apparently).

My main problem was probably just that we Brits didn't get to have a cool fighting bloke in it. They only needed to ask me.

OP
A

Andi

Of course, we get everywhere. Part of ruling the world. For a bit.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Nah, for the moment I'm just trying to take over Martial Talk. Say, you wouldnt wanna join together with my MOBsters and take over this place wud ya? :D

OP
A

Andi

As much as I'd love to reclaim the universe for us, I don't think I could live with myself for sabotaging this place. Honest. Okay, so I just can't be bothered to come up with that many posts. Anyway, there's plenty of Brits about on here. They just keep quiet cos the MAs are just about the only thing we haven't had complete dominion of.

Yet.

OP
A

Andi

Really? Just from what I've writ up there? Thanks!

Brummie till I die!

....(obviously)