Sense of humour failure

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, thank you guys for that, it's a whole new world...literally.

Is it called fortnite because it takes two weeks to learn it? :)

so 'skins' doesn't mean fag papers then :D:D ( English fag of course)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what skins are with regard to applications, but what with reference to 'entering the season' I didn't infer that context.

yep that got me as well, unless like here they can have every season in one day!

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
They alll are just differ variations of the same thing
True
[QUOTE
I know what skins are with regard to applications, but what with reference to 'entering the season' I didn't infer that context.
I'm not a fortnite player but i think they have challenges for items, like every 2 weeks, which is a new "season" or something like that

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First thing that came to my mind was "Skins and Shirts", LOL
I guess I defaulted to the old athlete in me.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To clarify the season, it's a term used in competitive games. In the same way there is a baseball or soccer (football) season for sports, there is a season for games.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You see, people here are really good at sorting things out. I've learnt a lot. Thank you everyone.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When “skins” was mentioned earlier here, I thought the 90s high school/college slang usage - condoms. It’s been a while since I’ve thought of that term for it.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When “skins” was mentioned earlier here, I thought the 90s high school/college slang usage - condoms. It’s been a while since I’ve thought of that term for it.

Well exactly, that was actually my first thought! Certainly no 'season' for their use and if you're married once a fortnight is very optimistic for their use. :cool:

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll add in that In many games like those played on XBOX and Sony Playstation you can change the look of the human figure in the game that represents you. You can select male, female, black, white, Asian , different hair styles or clothes. It is very customizable. You are changing the "skin" of your game representation human. You need to do this because Games are now on line and there can be an unlimited amount of players all over the globe playing and interacting with each other in the game at the same time. If you didn't customize your skin / look it would be confusing on who is who.

I should add the term has become popular and now is used for things like customizing the look of your phone screen.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll add in that In many games like those played on XBOX and Sony Playstation you can change the look of the human figure in the game that represents you. You can select male, female, black, white, Asian , different hair styles or clothes. It is very customizable. You are changing the "skin" of your game representation human. You need to do this because Games are now on line and there can be an unlimited amount of players all over the globe playing and interacting with each other in the game at the same time. If you didn't customize your skin / look it would be confusing on who is who.

I should add the term has become popular and now is used for things like customizing the look of your phone screen.

Don't the games themselves offer these choices? From the very little I've seen of games I thought you got to choose your character etc. I must admit I don't understand how someone can sell these customisations to others ie how you use them etc. Completely wasted on me though isn't it! :confused:
Thank you for the info. :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

As it seems to have been established this is the sort of 'skin' being discussed, the term in this context isn't new by any means.

I was making/downloading and applying skins to audacity media player on win98 at the turn of the century/millennium - and it wasn't even a new term then...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't the games themselves offer these choices?
i am not a gamer or even a computer person. i do have a 7yo son. so i am learning as i go.
i am under the impression that these are on line games so maybe the game itself gives you a limited selection and you can then add through purchase, add ons and if you wanted to play the game as a purple haired female with rhinoceros horns wearing orange Buddhist robes ...you could do that.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't the games themselves offer these choices? From the very little I've seen of games I thought you got to choose your character etc. I must admit I don't understand how someone can sell these customisations to others ie how you use them etc. Completely wasted on me though isn't it! :confused:
Thank you for the info. :)
From what I understand, it’s as Hoshin described it. You get basic options, and earn/pay for “cooler” stuff. Why give it away if you can sell it? That’s the mentality.

Latest Discussions