Senkotiros

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian, for showing this. I see some similarities between this and Modern Arnis !

Is "Senkotiros" a play on the term "Cinco Teros" ?

Take care,
Brian Johns

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian, for showing this. I see some similarities between this and Modern Arnis !

Take care,
Brian Johns
Hi Brian,

That's Max Pallen on video. He was a student and friend of the Professor.

Take care,

Harold

Reaction score

Take care,
Brian Johns

Senkotiros is an alternate spelling. There's no real relation to Cinco Teros that I know of other than Granmaster Pallen trained with Giron at one time. The 5 strikes used in Senkotiros are different than Cinco Teros. you can see more on Senkotiros here: www.senkotiros.org

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Harold and to Perpetual White Belt for answering my question. I knew that Max Pallen was a student and friends with Professor and helped him out when he first arrived in the US. I was just wondering about the spelling of the word and Perpetual White Belt answered that.

Thanks to both of you and have a great day !

Take care,
Brian

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Take care,
Brian Johns

Lots of similarities. Maybe that is why it is so much fun to watch!
icon10.gif

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks to Harold and to Perpetual White Belt for answering my question. I knew that Max Pallen was a student and friends with Professor and helped him out when he first arrived in the US. I was just wondering about the spelling of the word and Perpetual White Belt answered that.

Thanks to both of you and have a great day !

Take care,
Brian
D'oh!

Sorry Brian, I was responding to the observation of similarities.

Take care,

Harold

Reaction score
D'oh!

Sorry Brian, I was responding to the observation of similarities.

Take care,

Harold
Many of people don't realize that Grandmaster Pallen had a role in Grandmaster Presas' coming to America, so it's always nice when someone points out their relationship.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many of people don't realize that Grandmaster Pallen had a role in Grandmaster Presas' coming to America, so it's always nice when someone points out their relationship.
Yes, I had the pleasure to meet GM Pallen at the Pa. memorial service in honor of the Professor.

While there, I obtained a video highlighting GM Presas' coming to America which featured clips which came from GM Pallen.

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had the pleasure to meet GM Pallen at the Pa. memorial service in honor of the Professor.

While there, I obtained a video highlighting GM Presas' coming to America which featured clips which came from GM Pallen.

Wow, that video sounds priceless. What does it contain, if I may ask ?

Take care,
Brian

Reaction score

I was at that event as well.

I believe GM Pallen still has the videos for sale. Next time I speak with him I'll ask. I believe Grandmaster also said that Datu Hartman has some copies, but I could be wrong.

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was at that event as well.

I believe GM Pallen still has the videos for sale. Next time I speak with him I'll ask. I believe Grandmaster also said that Datu Hartman has some copies, but I could be wrong.

I would appreciate any information on this. Thanks.

Take care,
Brian Johns

Latest Discussions