Seminar with Master Penfil in February...

Reaction score
Some of the members of Martial Talk have contacted me about making a trip to Detroit for a seminar on forms applications. We are going to have a seminar at my school in Wixom, Michigan on Sunday, February 17th.

Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of martial arts system. Everyone will be able to benefit from the material that I will be presenting. We will have all of the details worked out in a couple of week. If there is enough interest we will expand the seminar to include sessions on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon as well.

I know that Mr. Kendrowsky inquired about other things to do in Detroit during the. One of our favorite places to take out of town guests is Greek Town in the heart of Detroit The food is always awesome and the service is second to none. There are some other places that are great to visit as well, like Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.

If you are interested, Please contact me to be added to our list.

I can be reached at: 313-377-4720
or,
[email protected]

Thank you...

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Penfil,

I've been talking to Exile about this for a while, so I'm definately in! I know that UpNorthkyosa has already contacted you too. Also, please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do to help organize. There will probably be an Ohio group heading up.

I'd definately be interested in a Saturday session as well!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Penfil,

I've been talking to Exile about this for a while, so I'm definately in! I know that UpNorthkyosa has already contacted you too. Also, please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do to help organize. There will probably be an Ohio group heading up.

I'd definately be interested in a Saturday session as well!

Sure forget about me will yea!!!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How could I EVER forget about you, Terry?? Sorry....AGAIN! I'm really batting 100, huh?

That's kind of a long trip for you, its awesome that you're able to come up! Will you be able to bring the family?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How could I EVER forget about you, Terry?? Sorry....AGAIN! I'm really batting 100, huh?

That's kind of a long trip for you, its awesome that you're able to come up! Will you be able to bring the family?

I bring the family every where we go, hope they are invited as well. See you then

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MAN!!! Once again, another seminar that I will not be able to attend. ONE of these days I will make it to one, well, that's if I ever make it back to the states. 6 months left in Korea and 3yrs in Germany after this. Have fun guys and let me know how it goes!!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yup, this is the one. I've been meaning to get back to everyone, but the holidays caught up with me. Hope to see everyone there!

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello SBN Penfil,
it sounds exciting! I will try my best to get there!

talk to ya soon!

take care,
--josh

OP
Master Jay S. Penfil
Reaction score
I'm not sure who is more excited about this one... You guys or me?

I have been contacted by quite a few guys from out of state (Michigan) from other boards as well. We are going to have a great turn out...

I am hoping to have everyone set up in their hotels by 5:30pm on Friday, and at the school by 6:45pm so we can start the Friday evening session at 7:00pm.

We will start with a 2 hour session on how I teach basic hand techniques and flow into applications on all of them.

Saturday morning we will start at 10:00am with Forms and applications till 1:00pm and break for lunch.

Return in time to start the afternoon session at 2:30 and run till 6:00pm.

Saturday evening I would like us all to go to Greek Town for dinner at the "New Parthanon". The food and service are above the rest!!!

Sunday morning we will hold a final session from 10:00am to noon and get everyone on the road to the airport.

I will cover as much material as the group can comfortably handle. I will make a DVD of the weekend for everyone, and for those who are unable to attend, I will make copies available as well.

Bring your camera's as well!!!

Terry, your family is definately welcome!!!

This seminar is open to all ranks, and all systems. Small children will most likely get lost to some degree with this material, but if you want to bring them I don't have a problem with it. The majority of participants will be in the Black Belt ranks. I will present material that is rank appropriate for those who are under BB ranking, bur I will focus on BB material.

Please send me an email to my personal email address if you are going to attend, with an accurate number of participants that you are bringing so I can make the necessary arrangements in advance. My personal email is: [email protected].

Thank you to everyone for your support and friendship!!!

Sincerely,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAN!!! Once again, another seminar that I will not be able to attend. ONE of these days I will make it to one, well, that's if I ever make it back to the states. 6 months left in Korea and 3yrs in Germany after this. Have fun guys and let me know how it goes!!!

There's consolations to Germany though, Iain Abernethy does seminars there and the UK is close so you can come and play with us! You'll always be welcome at any of the Brit military MA clubs too.The Netherlands has some awsome kickboxing clubs and competitions, I have a friend who runs a MA magazine over there.
Plus you can zip down the Autobahn and holiday in the South of France!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm definately looking forward to it! Although I am going to have a problem getting there before 5:30 on Friday. I may be able to work out an arrangement to get off work early, but it will be difficult.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, Master Penfil - will there be a mat fee for the seminar?

Can you suggest any local hotels that are close to the school?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, Master Penfil - will there be a mat fee for the seminar?

Can you suggest any local hotels that are close to the school?

Yes, I was wondering the same things....

OP
Master Jay S. Penfil
Reaction score
The fee for the weekend will be $50.00/per participant.

There are a couple of hotels that are approx. 1 mile from my school. I am talking with them about special rates at this time.

I am hoping to have an update with all of the info on Monday...

Thank you,

Master Jay S.Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will not be attending, but I would be interested in a DVD of the clinic, please give info when it is avaialbe, ect.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fee for the weekend will be $50.00/per participant.

There are a couple of hotels that are approx. 1 mile from my school. I am talking with them about special rates at this time.

I am hoping to have an update with all of the info on Monday...

Thank you,

Master Jay S.Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Fifty bucks sounds ridiculously reasonable for something like this!

I'm lucky, I'm in a position to drive the distance in three and a half hours. I'm hoping that there will be a goodly representation of MT people at this gig, and that we'll be able to use the board to review and digest the material that JSP has planned for us. From my experience with the outstanding Combat Hapkido seminar that Drac and Father Greek put together with Gm. Pellegrini near Cleveland this past spring, and the terrific training those of us fortunate enough to be able to get to the Meet & Greet in Buffalo this past summer experienced, I've come to the conclusion that these kinds of seminars/intensive training sesssion, when well done, can provide you with months' worth of really useful, broadly applicable material at both a practical and theoretical level. And the chance it do it all in the company of fellow MTers is kind of the ultimate icing on the cake...

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Penfil are there any family discounts? Will need Hotel accomidations are you still trying to set that up as well?

Exile is right if it is a well done seminar than we have alot to discuss.

When I host the MT Meet and greet here in Texas it will be a blast as well.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Penfil are there any family discounts? Will need Hotel accomidations are you still trying to set that up as well?

Exile is right if it is a well done seminar than we have alot to discuss.

When I host the MT Meet and greet here in Texas it will be a blast as well.

Hey Terry, are you going to do a M&G? What dates were you thinking of? I have to get my calendar cleared for that! :)
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions