Self Defense In Emergency

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cannot reply to everyone but in general i would reply
first i dont think it is too hard to get, there you go Buy CSGO Deep Aversion Neck Tactical Boot Knife Online at Lowest Price.

now i also dont understand why or whats with the boot, but there has to be a logic behind it.
to me boot knife is like more of a spy thingy. but i also think it might be easier to grab if you are on the ground and the attacker is on top of you, as the reach is easier. well i am be totally wrong, that is why we are discussing, isn't it?

Thigh length boots?

Has anyone watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? If you haven't do, fantastic array of weapons used, holstered in many interesting ways. pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Bing video

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
first i dont think it is too hard to get, there you go Buy CSGO Deep Aversion Neck Tactical Boot Knife Online at Lowest Price.

now i also dont understand why or whats with the boot, but there has to be a logic behind it.
to me boot knife is like more of a spy thingy. but i also think it might be easier to grab if you are on the ground and the attacker is on top of you, as the reach is easier. well i am be totally wrong, that is why we are discussing, isn't it?
If you want a boot knife as it's a "_sPy thing" Get a boot knife, people have told you that carrying a knife isn't always wise and if you do, carrying it in your boot is probably the Worse place to do so,Unless you are in fact a spy, in a movie then it will work just fine

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When someone says emergencies I think of things like road traffic collisions, people becoming ill, fires etc. you know.... emergencies. If you mean are knives in boots good for self defence situations that's a different thing. One would have to wear boots in all circumstances and that could be awkward. :rolleyes:
You know, I have found a boot knife quite helpful a few times when out hiking - once, even, in a minor emergency. So, I'll go with "yes."

Now what was the question?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can imagine that would be hard to walk round in after it’s been deployed. Kinda like wearing swimming fins (those things on the feet).
Especially for those of us who habitually cross our legs when we sit.

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Do what you are comfortable doing with knife carry. I habitually carry two knives, one on the belt (1-7/8" blade) and one folder in the pocket and hooked there. I walk with the aid of a cane, so always have that with me.

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score

It's simmular to the idea of a neck knife. The neck nife was a small knife on a lanyard on the neck. Used quite extensively across the the american frontier. It' a go to tool in an easy to get to location. The problem is a neck knife swings wildly when you run, and you wouldn't have a big knife around your neck. It became pupular among the natives, and subsequently many mountain men, to carry a large battle friendly, buffalo skinning, wood chopping knife stowed in the buckskin wrap which held the plains style knee high boot moccasins in place. Belt loops weren't common among the Indians and tools often fell out of the belt. Now, the history of American Indians martial arts is pretty spotty, but from what I have been told, if it's not used as a primary weapon, the boot knife was often deployed durring a wrestling match with a stab in the pelvic region. To me, a propper boot knife should be quite high on the lower leg. Think riding boots or cowboy boots. The hand guard should be about knee high. It should take very little bending to get to it. And because yoyr hand is starting so low, the initial attack should be low.

Last edited:

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't carry a knife in the UK as you will have very little defense if you are stopped ...period

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think in an emergency the best thing you can have on you is your senses. Yeah, a knife can come in handy, for many things. I have a concealed carry permit, but I am definitely not going to carry something in my boot, unless its a backup. I want to easily and inconspicuously be able to reach my weapon/s.

That being said, I have found a simple pocket knife to be more useful than anything. :)

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
In today’s world, most municipalities have legal restrictions on what one can carry. You would be best served to do the research regarding your local laws and choosing your tools accordingly.

IMHO, your senses, constant vigilance & a mobile phone are better tools than a boot knife. But a good simple folder is probably the better tool for well rounded preparedness.

Latest Discussions