Self Defense In Emergency

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Carrying a boot knife, is it a good option for self defense in case of emergencies?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why in the boot. Why not just a good pocket folding knife?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
let me save everyone some time....the same answers for the baton also apply to a boot knife as well as :

• pocket knife
  • belt knife
  • tactical pen
  • kubaton
  • pepper spay
  • PR24
  • tonfa
  • sai
  • nun chucks
  • Rapid Rotation Baton (your welcome Roy, for the advertisement)
  • tazer
  • stun gun
  • stick
  • walking cane
  • coffee mug
  • and kitchen sink
just in case those were going to be the next threads

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When someone says emergencies I think of things like road traffic collisions, people becoming ill, fires etc. you know.... emergencies. If you mean are knives in boots good for self defence situations that's a different thing. One would have to wear boots in all circumstances and that could be awkward. :rolleyes:

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, if you carry any weapons (except your brain, fists, etc. to the smart ones), check the law in your area. Otherwise, you may get arrested...
Secondly, if your area does allow you to carry weapons, and you feel a need to carry one, I guess you should get one where it can be within easy reach.
Also, make sure to be trained with the weapon you carry if you carry one.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Carrying a boot knife, is it a good option for self defense in case of emergencies?
My first though was why do you want to keep a knife in your car boot, it would be better if having it with you.
Then realisation dawned, some one once threaten to stab me with a bAyonet t t he had stTapped es d to his leg, I said go on them and whilst he was trying to Unstrap it I hit him with a beer bottle.

If your going to have a weapon, then it needs to be available, hang on mugging me whilst I tIe my shoe laces is a high risk strategy

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Carry a knife can be a good idea, it can come in useful in all sorts of ways, I had to Cut a suicide down whilst walking my dog, Not really an emergency , she has been dead a while, but still useful.

Emergencies really life or death emergencies usually require a good amount of physical strength and Or fitness to deal with, being ready for one takes a good but more than having a knife in your boot

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not really, no, not even like this.

BootKnife.jpg

OP
B

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i cannot reply to everyone but in general i would reply
first i dont think it is too hard to get, there you go Buy CSGO Deep Aversion Neck Tactical Boot Knife Online at Lowest Price.

now i also dont understand why or whats with the boot, but there has to be a logic behind it.
to me boot knife is like more of a spy thingy. but i also think it might be easier to grab if you are on the ground and the attacker is on top of you, as the reach is easier. well i am be totally wrong, that is why we are discussing, isn't it?