Self Defense (Concepts v Reality)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, that explains it!!! To be honest I love the way everyone writes, everyone's got their own distinct style hehe. And approaches too!

@Kung Fu Wang and his lovely sequential lists, dot points, and cool strange training method videos.

@jobo with his stylised, uniquely spelled words, and commas where you wouldn't expect!

@Headhunter and his straight-talkin' ways with sometimes no need for full stops, nothing wrong with that!

@gpseymour with his rational discussion and great sense of humour.

@JR 137 with his honesty and cool stories.

@drop bear and his short, to the point answers (and cheekiness).

@Tez3 and her British humour.

@Buka with his warm kindheartedness, and always willing to welcome new people to the forum.

@Xue Sheng and his hilarious almost talking to himself dialogue (love it).

Me with my constantly starting a post with 'Ah..'.

There are so many more, but just something I admire about everyone XD
I don't have a style? :(

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sort of what I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Yep, good stuff right there!

I never hesitated to practice BJJ, with girls, because I know how important it is to them. If someone is going to try to sexually assault them, it will most likely be a male and it will most likely involve wrestling around on the ground with them. So I think it is so important for females to roll with males.

Likewise I enjoy rolling with bigger guys because (highly trained individuals aside) it ain't the folks smaller than me that I worry about going to the ground with. It's the duse that has 60# on me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, good stuff right there!

I never hesitated to practice BJJ, with girls, because I know how important it is to them. If someone is going to try to sexually assault them, it will most likely be a male and it will most likely involve wrestling around on the ground with them. So I think it is so important for females to roll with males.

Likewise I enjoy rolling with bigger guys because (highly trained individuals aside) it ain't the folks smaller than me that I worry about going to the ground with. It's the duse that has 60# on me.
There's no solution if you get KTFO (knocked the f*** out), but if you're training for self-defense, you should (must) have a solution if you get KFTD (knocked the f*** down). Some very basic groundwork is a minimum, IMO, and everything in that video can be incorporated into that level of groundwork.

Latest Discussions