Seeking nice broadsword

J

JackSmith

Hello all,
I am looking for a nice spring steel broadsword. I have seen a few by tiger claw, and a real nice one from paul chen.

Not knowing too much about them, I am seeking some opinions. I am going to be working some broadsword forms in the near future. (kenpo stylist, but we do all sorts of weapons.)

Thank you for your time.
-jack

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Jack,

Are you referring to the "chinese broadsword?"

Try looking at www.kriscutlery.com, it is a "real" sword that may not be usable in most tournaments (look for the darn dao under the Chinese weapons section.) I haven't used it, but I like Kris Cutlery's other products, I guess I just like the feel of a real sword as opposed to the wangy spring steel seen in most tournaments now.

good luck,

Lamont

OP
J

JackSmith

Hi,
Yes, unfortunately, it is the spring steel sword. Not the wushu one though. I need it to learn some tournament and demonstration forms.

Thanks for your time.
-jack

OP
T

tonbo

Jack:

Have you looked at Tiger Claw? They have Chinese weapons in combat, spring and Wushu steel, all for pretty reasonable prices. Give 'em a look and see what you think!!

www.tigerclaw.com

Peace--

OP
T

tonbo

Sorry, I just re-read the part about your having looked at the ones by TigerClaw. Never mind...;)

My wife has one from them, and it works pretty well. She has a spring steel that is just right for her height.

Overall, I'd give TigerClaw's stuff a thumbs up. They seem to have pretty good weapons for the money.

Peace--

OP
S

sweeper

I don't practice any blade arts (so don't use a blade) so pleaase forgive my ignorance but what is "wushu steel"?

Latest Discussions