Searching for a Dynamic School in Arnis

B

Boozer

I must admit, that I am new to this forum. I have practiced in Goju for a number of years. I have tried different arts to test the waters to see if I would like anything better. Well, I must say my favor starts to go with Arnis. In Goju, we never learned to use weapons, because of the fact, they would tell us that I would need to learn empty hand first. Since I have learned empty hand, I have been told not to ask questions. Thus what I am practicing is no longer for me, at least the teacher isn't. I paid dues and lots of money. I am glad to see a forum such as this in order to find out how many more arts are really out there. I am glad to be a member.

MALCOLM XERXES™

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Boozer said:
<SNIP>Since I have learned empty hand, I have been told not to ask questions. Thus what I am practicing is no longer for me, at least the teacher isn't. I paid dues and lots of money. <SNIP>
BOOZER,

I am immediately distrustful of any teacher who discourages the asking of questions by their pupils.

This is definitely the right forum to communicate with accomplished Arnis masters.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I too studied Goju but came later to the FMA. It's a very different approach in arnis--one learns the weapons and the empty hand follows, as opposed to the other way around. I like it now, though!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome! Goju is a good art, my shotokan Sensi was teaching us some Goju kata's and techiques.

Sometimes we all must move on...........Aloha

Latest Discussions