Scroll Translation and your religion

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First of all, have you read any of the supplemental texts allegedly intended to be holy writings but excluded and hidden from biblical assembly and publication?

Second of all, has this changed your perception of major religious figures, the tenets of traditional organized religion and/or politics?

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
have you read any of the supplemental texts allegedly intended to be holy writings but excluded and hidden from biblical assembly and publication?
Yes I have, many. Some more than twice.
I don't know about any being hidden. The Great Library of Alexandria had many, before it burnt (a couple of times). Many of the great libraries and 'universities' if you will of the middle ages had them too. BUT: The ones that the church formally endorsed did benefit from the mass production that only the church could fund.

Second of all, has this changed your perception of major religious figures, the tenets of traditional organized religion and/or politics?
Changed my view of religious figures?
No. Many pseudogripipha have dubious authors/authority on their subjects. MANY obviously written MUCH MUCH later than other more authoritative texts.
But I'd say that some challenged it, which is good. Many gave information that rounded out the picture....which is very good.
Changed politics??
No.

Your Brother
John

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What about the stuff thats actualy in the bible.The word for God {Elohim} is always plural. Pre-monotheism or evidence of the trinity; either way its totaly fun to consider.
Sean

davemitchel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First question. Sadly not. I still intend to though. But, if I could transform into a shadow, I'd love sneaking into the Vatican's secret library and spend 5 years there consuming the forbidden apple - so to speak. Many things hidden there - else it would not be secret.

Second question. Yes. I have changed my opinion of main stream religious figures (to lesser and greater extent) and the tennets of traditional religion (to greater extent). My belief system has also changed, becoming assimilative. Not due to scroll reading though.

Changed politics: No. (Bit of a dirty business, IMHO.)

May I ask why you have posed these questions?

Peace
Dave

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
First of all, have you read any of the supplemental texts allegedly intended to be holy writings but excluded and hidden from biblical assembly and publication?

Yes.

Yes.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yes and yes! A further note, there are even instances in the modern texts where the things were what I believe to be intentionally altered from the original texts to appease the powers that were and or the masses of followers. Often to either include or exclude for wealth and power.

So yes, it has significantly altered my view point regarding modern religions and their beliefs.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
May I ask what scroll translation publications you folks have read?

Latest Discussions