Science Fiction Guns That Are Real

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Armatix, and most <ahem> "smart guns," really aren't as great an idea as the seem. They are easily defeated, depend on inconsistent battery power (ever had the battery on your flashlight suddenly just not work?), often (as is the case here) require some sort of dongle be within proximity (which can be lost, stolen, taken by someone else, or allow unauthorized use of the gun anyway if the dongle is close enough). "Smart guns" don't actually do what the people promoting them hope they will but have tons of issues and "unintended" negative consequences.

I understand why the idea is appealing, but the technology to actually do, with the needed reliability, what is wanted is decades (or more) away and may never truly be achievable.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
That's why I don't like smart guns and I don't ever plan on using them. My post #9 was in response to Buka's post, I was pointing out how guns in the right hands prevent innocent people from being killed although not necessarily smart guns. As I said, I don't trust smart guns.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's why I don't like smart guns and I don't ever plan on using them. My post #9 was in response to Buka's post, I was pointing out how guns in the right hands prevent innocent people from being killed although not necessarily smart guns. As I said, I don't trust smart guns.
I understand now.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions