school in Washington DC/Arlington VA?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
We've got an old kenpo student of ours looking for a school around Arlington, VA. He has looked around but says the only stuff he can find are "kiddie karate" and is looking for something way more serious. While I'm biased toward FMA and kenpo, he doesn't really care as long is it is a quality school.

Thanks,

Lamont

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the WMAA, some Modern Arnis options:

Brian Pancia
Alexandria, VA
[email protected]

Progressive Self Defense
PO Box 211
Gainesville, VA 20155
[email protected]

Edward Mengel
Acrocombat Martial Arts
5017 Wilson Ln
Bethesda, MD 20814
202-452-1212
acrocombat.com
[email protected]

The first one is fairly close, but I'm less sure how close the next two are.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Blindside, I live down by Northern DC. I teach at a school about 20 mins north. Not knowing where he is I can offer the school I teach at if he is looking for a school or I can work privately with him as I do with a few other people. Haven't started a group near me as of yet b/c I was waiting on needing to buy a larger house to have the wife's grandmother move in. As things for her have have turned bad that may not be an issue and I may start looking for a place to teach in close to home.

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry meant to write in there that American Kenpo is the style.

M

Mike-IHF

Blindside,

If your friend is interested in Hapkido he is more than welcome to check out a class. I teach Hapkido in Annandale VA. I don't have my own school, but I run classes out of Providence Recenter. He can check out our style, and school at http://www.hapkiyoosool.com. Click on the instructors page, and then click on instructor Merchant's picture. This will bring up my homepage.

Latest Discussions