Scary Movies

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zombi was probably one of the best zombie movies ever made, scared the heck out of me as a kid and for some reason that soundtrack still gives me goosebumps.

I'm gonna disagree. Zombi was a good film, (and, Cmon, Zombies Vs Sharks = AWESOME) but it wasn't the best. It was VERY slow at points, the zombie makeup was so-so quality, and other than the zombie vs Shark scene, it was a hum drum film till the last portion of the movie when it picked up. I still have it in my collection, mind you... but I wouldn't call it "the best".

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find the music from Halloween and The Shining to be especially creepy.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find the music from Halloween and The Shining to be especially creepy.

There is a great Industrial Cover of the music from Halloween by... I wanna say Electric Hellfire Club that is pretty creepy. You just reminded me of it... havnt heard it in years. I need to look for it.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a great Industrial Cover of the music from Halloween by... I wanna say Electric Hellfire Club that is pretty creepy. You just reminded me of it... havnt heard it in years. I need to look for it.

When you find it, please let me know. :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here you go Pam, best clip from that film

I love how the shark went from being a Great White to a Tiger and how the Zombie (usually portrayed as mindless/fearless walking dead types backs away from the Tiger Shark as it approaches... hmm maybe Zombies aren't as stoopid as we thought... but the movie certainly didn't help on the intellogence meter...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here you go Pam, best clip from that film

I missed this post earlier. Thanks John. :)

I love how the shark went from being a Great White to a Tiger and how the Zombie (usually portrayed as mindless/fearless walking dead types backs away from the Tiger Shark as it approaches... hmm maybe Zombies aren't as stoopid as we thought... but the movie certainly didn't help on the intellogence meter...

Haha! I caught that too. :asian:

Last edited by a moderator:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thought I'd watch "Jacob's Ladder" again with the GF to celebrate the Ghostmas Season.

No dice. She maintains that "Event Horizon" is the LAST scary movie she will have watched. Grumble.

Looks like I'll have to rewatch it by myself :(

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel the need to add a couple more recommendations to this post. I had a bit of a John Carpenter marathon last night and I still have to say that Prince of Darkness, the Fog and the Thing still creep me out to this day.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I feel the need to add a couple more recommendations to this post. I had a bit of a John Carpenter marathon last night and I still have to say that Prince of Darkness, the Fog and the Thing still creep me out to this day.

John Carpenter. The original Halloween. I love that movie.

My daughter, her boyfriend, and another friend went to see Paranormal Activity a couple days ago. It scared the crap out of them. This is the first movie that ever really scared my daughter. They slept with the TV and a closet light on. Her friend didn't want to go home, scared, lol. Had to run to the bathroom and back because he didn't want to be alone. It was funny to see them that scared. I am going to see it Sunday.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
John Carpenter. The original Halloween. I love that movie.

My daughter, her boyfriend, and another friend went to see Paranormal Activity a couple days ago. It scared the crap out of them. This is the first movie that ever really scared my daughter. They slept with the TV and a closet light on. Her friend didn't want to go home, scared, lol. Had to run to the bathroom and back because he didn't want to be alone. It was funny to see them that scared. I am going to see it Sunday.

Watched the original Halloween the other night on t.v., it's a true classic. I've heard mixed things about Paranormal Activity, some loved it,others hated it. Let me know what you think, I'm hoping to get to it before it leaves the theathers. Of course for being scared s***less, the Exorcist still does it to me after having watched it a few dozen times. :)

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
May I suggest "Session 9" . An odd film, not too much gore but spooky as hell. A "WTF is going" on deep psychological thriller. Much along the lines of "The Changling" and "Bad Dreams".
lori

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
2 movies I'm obsessed with of late:

Let The Right One In - It's a movie set in Sweeden in the '80's and it's really odd for a horror movie because it's direction and cinematography makes it look like a drama. Subdued colors, but not blacks, very well lit but still drab, it reminds me a lot of Fargo from the look of it. The story's great as well, I can't say much because there are a couple big reveals.

Zombieland - My dream come true, Zombie Apocolyps. The director's style owes a huge debt to Zack Snyder and JJ Abrams. Plus the opening credits is over Metallica's The Four Horsemen!

Latest Discussions