Scarred legs

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by Zoltan97, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Zoltan97

Zoltan97 Yellow Belt

Hello fellow female martial artists! I have a bit of a personal question I was hoping someone could help me with.

I have an autoimmune disease and because of this I have a bit of a vitamin deficiency where I don't have enough of the vitamins I need for scratches and cuts to heal properly. Basically they're on my legs for months and even then don't go away, they bruise and scar: my legs (and everywhere else) are splotches of purple and red. It's been years since I've worn shorts.

My question is: should I worry about this in the dojo? The other girls wear short yoga type things beneath their gi pants in the event they come loose or get tugged too far in matwork. I've always worn long leggings and such, which can be a pain when you get hot quicker. And even then they'll bunch up a bit when we're doing leg scissors. Comps are tricky because I have to roll them up so they don't get in the way, which leads to an uncomfortable match.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Are there wraps I can put around my legs so people won't see? Are there thinner pants I don't know about? Yes, I shouldn't be ashamed of my body but it's uncomfortable for me regardless and doesn't help when someone brings it up in the locker room.

2. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

Better leggings. Like proper compression ones?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KangTsai

KangTsai 2nd Black Belt

I would suggest sock-style striking shin guards. Slowly getting over it would be optimal no matter what though.

• Like Like x 1