Scam or no?

C

Chuck

In our school there is no probationary Black Belt. My certification comes from the Kukkiwon, with no strings attached. I tested, passed and received my certification about six weeks later. I would have received it whether I continued or not.

Additionally, if you come into our school with a belt level from any other school it will be recognized by the instructors.

I was really fortunate to find the TKD school. I have felt from the beginning that Georgie Martinez is completely honorable. If you are ever in the Denver area, Martinez Brothers TKD should be checked out.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The probationary period isn't new and in several Japanese based arts your 1st. Shodan certificate (1st. degree bb) is actually a Shodan-Ho certification which represents a 1 year probationary period and after the first year, it becomes a permanant Shodan certification.

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Many schools have a probationary period. Once you get your dan cert for example, you can always use that number to trace your dans with KKW. So even if your school fails to give it to you, you have other recourse, including Tort law for failing to provide something you paid for.

In some countries you must go through the NGB to Kukkiwon. The US does not fall in this category because the NGB does not have the required number of members based on percentage of KKW yudanja... then again, USTU may not be their NGB for much longer either.

Latest Discussions