Say something about the Aikidoka below You!

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
False.

The next person had landed on their Instructor's foot after being thrown.

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
False.

The next person has been to a least 2 seminars this year.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True

The next person has had sensei demonstrate a particularly uncomfortable technique on them and had someone ask " can I see that again?"

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
True

The next person has had sensei demonstrate a particularly uncomfortable technique on them and had someone ask " can I see that again?"

TRUE! Just a couple of weeks ago, but sensei is always very careful with me and knows how much I can take. Also, the guy who asked to "see it again" and I are friends and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose. But hey, I've done it to him. :uhyeah:

The next person practices the jo kata at least once a week.

Robyn :asian:

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
False - I use to, but I'm learning a different system now.

The next person wears their gi to class.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The next person wears their gi to class.

True--Everything except the jacket and belt since we go from our house to straight there.

The next person has developed interest in the Japanese culture since they began studying Aikido.

Robyn :asian:

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
False - I was already interested, since I went to Japan in 1983.

The next person shows no sign of an injury during class, even though they have one.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
TRUE! Some times. Cuong Nhu includes some Aikido techniques (there is more conceptual then technical). When we do Aikido, I tend to go home with sore wrists (side effect of missing cartiladge). But like I'll ever admit that in class.

The next poster has trained in a Chinese Art.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
False...or true depending on how you view the history of kempo.
The sore wrists are more than a side effect of missing cartilage. It's a side effect of aikido in general. One of the things I always warn folks about when they come into the dojo to ask about aikido training is that for the first month or so they'll have sore wrists and elbows but that eventually it passes...not really, you just get use to it.

The next person forgot to take their obi to class once and had to wear a white belt during the class.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
False, sorta. I forgot it at a differnit school that we half train with (long story), my Sensei was going back a few days latter, and he grabbed it for me. Not made that mistake since.

And I know that it's a product of Aikido in general, but I mean with how bad I got it. Do Aikido for three years, and still go home on a semi-regular basis with really stiff wrists for about an hour. It's the missing cartialdge.

The next person to post is allergic to coconut, just kidding. The next person has given themself a kick butt name, to make him/herself seem scarrier.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
False. As a matter of fact I skipped a class one day that I had a sore throat and thought I was getting the flue. One of my dojo mate had just had a baby and didn't want to pass it to the baby indirectly.

The next person at his/her free style practice didn't manage to carry out a complete technique, but barely managed to defend him/herself.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
False. As a matter of fact I skipped a class one day that I had a sore throat and thought I was getting the flue. One of my dojo mate had just had a baby and didn't want to pass it to the baby indirectly.

The next person at his/her first free style practice didn't manage to carry out a complete technique, but barely managed to defend him/herself.

Edit. I had forgotten a word and the edit option won't show...sorry.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The next person at his/her first free style practice didn't manage to carry out a complete technique, but barely managed to defend him/herself.

Edit. I had forgotten a word and the edit option won't show...sorry.

False---For my FIRST Randori, I was so flustered that my mind went blank and I got myself backed in a corner. Couldn't do anything! Now, if I can't get a technique to work (depending on what uke does), then I try to blend with what uke gives me and change into anything that works.

The next person had something embarrassing happen to them in class that made sensei and the rest of the class laugh. (And will hopefully share the story! :D)

Robyn

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
True - but I'll never tell!

The next person keeps a small towel inside of their gi to wipe the sweat off on those really hot days.

tntma12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
False, but good idea :)

The next person has been surprised by their partner attacking faster than expected and did a technique a little too hard

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
False. Usually I am the one that carries out the attack fast, above all to my Sensei, and I receive a technique pretty hard.

The next person while doing a jo kata or subari accidentally wacked the Aikidoka practicing next to him/her.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
true

But not hard.

The next Aikidoka has washed their Gi(or dried it) and have it become too small....

/Yari

Latest Discussions