Savate in Northern Virginia

Axkick1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hello everyone. I am new to this website but I thought I'd give it a try and ask for help. I've been searching and searching for an authentic Boxe Francaise also most commonly called Savate in the Northern Virginia area. I've been searching for the last couple years on and off but it has come to no avail. If anyone could enlighten me or give me any pointers as to where to look or any information information on the art of Savate I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks all

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not aware of any savate in the NoVA area. Doesn't mean it's not around, but I've never heard or seen it being taught. Have you contacted any of the savate federations?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Axkick1

Axkick1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have not contacted directly, but I looked at the federations school directory and I didn't see any schools in the Nova area. I tried to not let that discourage me and I've kept looking. Hoping to find some independent teacher or school or a school that is unlisted.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact the associations/federations... They may know of someone trying to start up, or of a program running at a level below whatever standard to list on their website.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello.
2Ww68nv9QuGFewG4yEia_Home%20Alone.gif

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually had a chance to work out with a Savate instructor a few years ago. Loved the footwork and the kicking. Very different than the karate and muay thai-based striking I was used to.

Hope you find a school nearby OP. Seems like it would be a lot of fun to learn.

Latest Discussions