Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/
A modern method of personal defense, Savate defence's goal is to quickly make a practitioner someone able to defend efficiently. It uses all impact strikes, as well as locks, chokes and throws. Eric Quequet, technical supervisor of this discipline, teaches you the techniques and principle of this self defence comprehensive and most effective

Last edited by a moderator:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's actually a savate studio here in town--you never see that! I always wanted to try it but alas at my age starting up a kicking-focused system seems inadvisable.

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Never been a big fan of savate. I don't really like their movement style, favoring high kicks, defense techniques etc. But we all have to do what works for our body and our style of movement. The headbutts shown there were terrible though and asking to get his face broken.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
High kicks re taught more generally for competition, which often favors entertaining techniques, deliberately so.

If you look at late 19th Century Savate, such as Danse de la Rue, you'll see an emphasis on waist high and lower kicking.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's actually a savate studio here in town--you never see that! I always wanted to try it but alas at my age starting up a kicking-focused system seems inadvisable.

Man up, get out of your wheelchair and give it a try, Grandpa Arni. There are plenty of us old timers practicing kicking arts.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
fencing1.jpg

If these people can fence, you sure as hell can pracice savate!

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite kick form Savate is the Chasse Bas; it's a very nice close range kick. It feels awkward delivering it, but it packs a surprising amount of force - I use it at home to free my axe out of a block of wood if it gets stuck lol.

"Wax on wax off Danielson." :)

[video=youtube_share;1gzbu5ULYZU]http://youtu.be/1gzbu5ULYZU[/video]

Latest Discussions