Sang H. Kim

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sang H. Kim? I am not looking to train with him, I was just wondering.

I am truly just curious, I read a couple of his books on training a few years back and they where pretty good.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sang H. Kim? I am not looking to train with him, I was just wondering.

I am truly just curious, I read a couple of his books on training a few years back and they where pretty good.

I've used his MA Training After 40 book and been favorably impressed by it---very, very tough exercises and good coverage of strength, balance, endurance and so on. That book plus Loren Christensen's Solo Training and maybe something of Thomas Kurz's on stretching would constitute a very full and effective curriculum for the conditioning side of MA...

but I don't know anything about his MA lineage. He does seem to publish an awful lot...

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He also does a lot of video work on TKD and other Korean arts, and I think he recently released a full-length feature film with a martial-arts theme.

If you'd like to see some clips, check out www.turtlepress.com

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have some of his books and a few of his videos. He seems to be a very knowledgable guy when it comes to training and the WTF. He has a pretty high rank and does a bunch of reffing for the WTF.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He is also something of a scholar on early MA history. He did the English language translation of the 'Muye Dobo Tongji' (Comprehensive Manual of Military Arts), which is the earliest extant reference (1700's) for native Korean martial arts. His translation is the one available through Turtle Press.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea he is a very knoelrdge able man with all of Korean arts and his books agreat and the video are well done too.

ajs1976

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have his books on phsyical training, flexibility, and olympic style sparring. I want to get his translation of the Muye Dobo Tongji and maybe one of the forms videos.

I was never to sure about what he was trying to do with the junsado stuff. www.junsado.com/

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks, I have been wondering, he seemed rather knowledgeable.

I have his books on Flexibility, training over 40 and a couple others as well.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always thought he had a Moo Duk Kwan background.

His company, Turtle Press, was originally a source for really good KMA materials. They have since branched out and have a variety of materials to include Chinese MA.

Miles