Ryan Hall's MMA debut..

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder how this will affect the concept of sport Bjj being applied to MMA....

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's bloodyelbow.com

Shouldn't be a virus.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The virus is ignorance. Cured only by kata.

Trying to lighten things up a little. The street vs sport vs Mma vs Hema vs the UK around here is getting to me.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol. Without risk... Is there anyplace in the cage that is other than risky? People get punched from any position. I think he was less at risk than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\
Well steve, at least we had a chuckle.....:playful:

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
McGregor is fun to watch as a fighter but... the mouth on him. Wow!!!
I am not sure he will be a good coach but interested if they show some
of his training/coaching regimen during the fighter's training.
\
Hubris + promotion... look @ how my objective analytic s are received... More power to Conor for being himself....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
\
Well steve, at least we had a chuckle.....:playful:
Haha... Actually that one was serious. You are at as much risk of being punched in the face while standing as you are on the mat. Hall's ability to control the transitions on the mat have, so far, kept him out of danger. And the imminent threat to his opponents have also helped, as it keeps them preoccupied with having their knees or ankles torn up.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I was called on the carpet for not employing multi-quote, so I OBJECTIVELY took that under advisement.
Haha... Actually that one was serious. You are at as much risk of being punched in the face while standing as you are on the mat. Hall's ability to control the transitions on the mat have, so far, kept him out of danger. And the imminent threat to his opponents have also helped, as it keeps them preoccupied with having their knees or ankles torn up.
\
Yeah, Steve, I read the post / conversations on that. What Hall does doesn't interest me. It's too risky in my book. Yet Hall demonstrated an effective grappling tactic against the aggressive striker, making the Gracie's proud.... As said, it will be interesting to see how he fares applying BJJ going forward... My hat's certainly off to the guy.
\
BTW: A large part of the reason, objectively, that the aggressive striker (Nunez?) fell prey was he didn't know how to respond once the "heavy bag" HALL, was lowered to the floor. Nunez? just wanted to swing.
No one here is objective.
\
Not quite, objectively is my failing.... as well as my strength.... Your respose was refreshing....:joyful:

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ryan Hall has been an interesting and fun guy to follow for a long time. I enjoy him, root for him. I wish him well.

As for that virus - screw that, Linux all the way. Bring it, baby.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last night I watched the TUFF show which I had recorded. Holy fricken cow. I never knew Ryan Hall had Tourettes. I was first tuned in to him by someome who had trained some with him. He either didn't know or didn't mention it. Just makes him more fascinating. To me, anyway.

It was nice seeing him speak so much. I find him so incredibly likeable. It was even nicer watching that fight. Oh, my. I know it's nothing new for him, but Oh, my my.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had wondered before what caused his constant blinking. I had never thought of Tourettes as a possible explanation. I didn't even know that was one of the symptoms.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well last nights TUF House fights were good. The Ryan Hall matchup versus Saul was interesting and not what I expected out of Ryan.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was really hoping Ryan would continue to win so we could see his special movement in the cage. I totally agree that Saul was very tough in that match and demonstrated how to handle some leg locks and kept Ryan off balance. We were surprised that Ryan did not try to go for his specialty a little more.