Royce vs Saku vid

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like this fight for 2 reasons.
1. Royce's corner threw in the towel because he was winded and didn't want to be submitted or(going on Gracie logic of not submitting) having something broken
2. The composure and engine of Sakuraba. Truly outstanding

Cheers
Sam:asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like its been removed.

oddball

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This was a really depressing clip - I looked forward to it for 2 weeks. I was expecting a really great grappling match (at least as good as, if not better than Sakuraba vs. Newton). It just didn't live up to the hype or what I was expecting - seemed pretty boring, tbh.

(Sam, are you talking about the 90 minute match they had? This is the one from last saturday at K-1).

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
This was a really depressing clip - I looked forward to it for 2 weeks. I was expecting a really great grappling match (at least as good as, if not better than Sakuraba vs. Newton). It just didn't live up to the hype or what I was expecting - seemed pretty boring, tbh.

(Sam, are you talking about the 90 minute match they had? This is the one from last saturday at K-1).

Yeah I am, I didn't know they fought again last saturday. The original was great.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
The second fight looked almost staged. Sakuraba was robbed...I would like to see a 3rd fight.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think it looked fixed, and don't really want to see a 3rd one. Sakuraba has just taken so much abuse physically over the years I don;t think his body can do what it used too.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think it looked fixed, and don't really want to see a 3rd one. Sakuraba has just taken so much abuse physically over the years I don;t think his body can do what it used too.

Agreed his time in the ring has not been kind.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed his time in the ring has not been kind.

Absolutely!
icon14.gif

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
I personally didn't see how Royce won though. Saku did more...

Latest Discussions