Rousey returning

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So it's just been announced ronda rousey is fighting for the title in December. I honestly don't believe she'll win she got exposed in her last fight and she's still training with the same team and now her aura is gone and nunes is no joke. Rousey is quite a mentally weak person she even admits that in her book. She quit judo after she didn't win the Olympics and started drinking, smoking and taking drugs and when she lost to holm she considered suicide I honestly don't believe she can come back as she was before but time will tell

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well ill say one thing Dana white is praying like hell that rousey wins. Who do you reckon a man like him would want as champion. Nunes a Brazilian soft spoken lesbian or rousey a brash American who's in movies and a model (personally I don't see the attraction of rousey I don't find her that attractive at all) but well it's obvious which ones more marketable to white

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know why it is a title fight Not sure how someone who hasn't fought in a year is ranked #2 in a division.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know why it is a title fight Not sure how someone who hasn't fought in a year is ranked #2 in a division.
The same reason a guy with 0 wins at lightweight is fighting for the title. Money. Which Is pathetic Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years and didn't get a instant rematch rousey loses takes a year off and gets a shot its pathetic tbh

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
It isn't about ranking or who is the best it is about MONEY!! It is about saleability and Ronda sells. So she gets the title fight.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tough people usually learn from the occasional loss.

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Since the UFC is a promotion and not a sanctioning body they can make whatever matches they like. The rankings don't mean a whole lot.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As for the "why" is she getting a title shot nonsense - Ronda Rousey held the 135-pound crown for three years, from November 2012 to November 2015. Holly Hold held it for what, four months? And Miesha held it for five or six? And keep in mind there wouldn't be any women fighting division in the UFC to this day if it wasn't for Rhonda Rousey. No women;s division at all.

I know all matchups are different in each and every fight, and nothing ever works the way we think it will but consider - Nunes has three losses in her career, against Alexis Davis, Sahara D'Alelio and Cat Zingano. Rousy has beaten all three of them - in a combined time of less than one minute.

As for her being a mentally weak person, as Elder said, and he knows the family personally (and I paraphrase here) "she's nuts". Consider it this way, look at how outspoken and brash Ronda Rousey has been since she's been in MMA. Look at all the media attention she got, how open she's been in interviews, even baring her soul in a book - great read by the way, if you're a fight fan and even better if you're a fighter - look at how open she's been about every facet of her life. (which is crazy, IMO)

Do you think any of us here would fare any better in the court of public opinion if we had our lives splayed out in the open in the same way?
I sure as hell wouldn't. Would you?

And, dude, if all you got from the book was "She quit judo after she didn't win the Olympics" your reading comprehension skills either need some serious work, or you're purposely just trying to build a pick and choose, out of context case against a truely great fighter that you just happen not to approve of.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it will depend on if it's a stand up or if it goes to the ground. Looking forward to it.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Holm exposed Rousey in a way that true fight fans/fighters had said for a long time. Rousey had never fought a good striker and would probably lose. Rousey is bigger than her opponents and bullies her way across the ring throwing big bombs before taking it to the ground.

This is the reason why Rousey has ducked Cyborg and White put so many conditions on Cyborg coming to the UFC. Until Rousey fights and beats Cyborg true fans will always question her as a champion and not as dominate as the casual public viewed her.

Gina Carano helped pave the way for female fighters and brought attention to them on the national level. UFC only did it when they FINALLY realized that they could make money off of it. It had nothing to do with Rousey going into uncharted territory. She was a money maker for Dana White plain and simple, which is why the UFC has tried to protect her and handpick her opponents.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Holm exposed Rousey in a way that true fight fans/fighters had said for a long time. Rousey had never fought a good striker and would probably lose. Rousey is bigger than her opponents and bullies her way across the ring throwing big bombs before taking it to the ground.

This is the reason why Rousey has ducked Cyborg and White put so many conditions on Cyborg coming to the UFC. Until Rousey fights and beats Cyborg true fans will always question her as a champion and not as dominate as the casual public viewed her.

Gina Carano helped pave the way for female fighters and brought attention to them on the national level. UFC only did it when they FINALLY realized that they could make money off of it. It had nothing to do with Rousey going into uncharted territory. She was a money maker for Dana White plain and simple, which is why the UFC has tried to protect her and handpick her opponents.
Exactly it seems a hell of a coincidence to me that cyborg only came to the ufc after rousey left. White obvioullys needed a big name woman for cards now she was gone. Everyone says rousey built the division no she didn't there were plenty of champions before her she didn't do any more than miesha Tate did fact is it was Dana white having a crush on rousey that did it. I mean look rouseys good at what she does her judo and an arm bar brilliant but fact is her opponents haven't fought great against her I mean apart from holm her 2 best opponents were Tate and zigano both Tate fights she got emotional and the second one she kept trying to take down rousey which got her in position to be thrown in the striking Tate was winning so if she stayed standing shed have won. Same with zigano she rushed in to aggressive and got caught. I was laughing so much when everyone was saying how she could beat every man or how she's a better boxer than mayweather

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She quit judo after she didn't win the Olympics

That implies one thing, paints a certain picture. But, Rousey fought in the 2004 Olympics, the youngest Judoka from any country to qualify for the games. She fought in a second Olympics in 2008, winning a Bronze medal. Kinda' changes the story line, no?

Everyone says rousey built the division no she didn't there were plenty of champions before her she didn't do any more than miesha Tate did

What people are referring to when saying this is the UFC, you know, the premier MMA league. There wasn't a woman's division before Rousey. Might never have been had it not been for her. And only her.

fact is it was Dana white having a crush on rousey that did it

Really?

original-0405821b1854c0d75995ca46b093837f.jpg

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't give a damm how good she is but she is not a person I'd want my daughter to be like she's a vile disgusting human being. I just watched 1 episode of hers on tuf and she's a horrible disgusting bully and the way she acted after her fight is just how bullies work. They mouth off treat people like dirt get smacked then run away crying and hide away. Look at both Tate and holm both lost since then and holm fought very quickly since and Tate hasn't been hiding away. Look at mcgregor I'm no fan of his antics either but at least he sucked it up and fought again quickly. To me fighting ability is second. If you're a horrible person then I do not respect you and I hope she loses badly again

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
She quit judo after she didn't win the Olympics

That implies one thing, paints a certain picture. But, Rousey fought in the 2004 Olympics, the youngest Judoka from any country to qualify for the games. She fought in a second Olympics in 2008, winning a Bronze medal. Kinda' changes the story line, no?

Everyone says rousey built the division no she didn't there were plenty of champions before her she didn't do any more than miesha Tate did

What people are referring to when saying this is the UFC, you know, the premier MMA league. There wasn't a woman's division before Rousey. Might never have been had it not been for her. And only her.

fact is it was Dana white having a crush on rousey that did it

Really?

original-0405821b1854c0d75995ca46b093837f.jpg
No doesn't change anything no ones saying she didn't do those things but she still quit judo after that and never competed in it again that's not a story that's the truth

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not much money to be made from Judo.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No doesn't change anything no ones saying she didn't do those things but she still quit judo after that and never competed in it again that's not a story that's the truth

So she spends ten years in judo, from the age of eleven, winning just about everything, competes in two Olympics,(two, not one) medaling in Beijing, then later goes on to be, oh, I don't know, a pretty successful fighter in MMA. So, what, that makes her a quitter as a fighter? You must have higher standards than most of us in the fight game.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never really found Rousey fights exciting. When she does win she throws brawler-style bombs and does the occasional judo sequence. When she loses though, it's always complete domination against her.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never really found Rousey fights exciting. When she does win she throws brawler-style bombs and does the occasional judo sequence. When she loses though, it's always complete domination against her.
Her brawler-style is not the best boxing in the world, but enough to create room for the 'judo sequence'. And I only saw one loss against a great kickboxer.
I am not saying her fights are exciting, or that she is the best in the division. But I am curious about the result and consequences of next fight for her. She may show she learned since last time, or quite the sport...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah her boxing was never anything good the only striking finishes she got were against awful fighters and then we had people saying she was the best boxer in mma and could outbox mayweather...

Latest Discussions