Rolling with my buddy Brian.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
All I can say is,...someone needs to wipe that mat down after you 2 are done it's covered in sweat lol

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good fun!

Nothing about anyone in this video, but every time I see someone rolling in spats and a long-sleeve rash guard, it looks like a really bad superhero movie.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seriously though my comment was a joke but I really want to try no gi at some point. My club trains it but just haven't had time to attend the sessions

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good fun!

Nothing about anyone in this video, but every time I see someone rolling in spats and a long-sleeve rash guard, it looks like a really bad superhero movie.

spats? the covers that gentlemen and some ladies used to wear over their shoes, how odd! The guy in the video is wearing leggings!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spats? the covers that gentlemen and some ladies used to wear over their shoes, how odd! The guy in the video is wearing leggings!

I’d normally call them “tights”, but they are often referred to as “spats” in MMA/no-gi BJJ - at least in advertising.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d normally call them “tights”, but they are often referred to as “spats” in MMA/no-gi BJJ - at least in advertising.

Tights are what ladies wear with dresses and skirts. To be tights they'd need to have feet. Leggings don't have feet. I imagine Americans like to call things differently. Spats ( short for spatterguards) are overshoes worn to protect shoes. If you watch Scottish pipe bands they wear them.

Tights
th
upload_2018-4-13_23-25-36.jpeg

spats

leggings

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tights are what ladies wear with dresses and skirts. To be tights they'd need to have feet. Leggings don't have feet. I imagine Americans like to call things differently. Spats ( short for spatterguards) are overshoes worn to protect shoes. If you watch Scottish pipe bands they wear them.

Tights
th
View attachment 21391
spats

leggings

I think “tights” is used more broadly in the US. Outside this product, “spats” means the same thing here as there.

Latest Discussions