A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Meh. This will ruin the series.
And it was so good until now...?

As to Rambo IV, the IMDb suggests he'll be in Afghanistan...could be hard to do in a way that isn't insulting to those actually dying there.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't know about the birth complications. Good for him for having so much success anyway.

I could go for Terminator IV.

I found Death Race 2000 funny--it was just plain camp.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
And it was so good until now...?

As to Rambo IV, the IMDb suggests he'll be in Afghanistan...could be hard to do in a way that isn't insulting to those actually dying there.
I imagine if they are going to follow suit with the original 3 which made statements about war, veterans, and POWs, it's going to be a real task not to upset someone.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
I imagine if they are going to follow suit with the original 3 which made statements about war, veterans, and POWs, it's going to be a real task not to upset someone.
You're probably right.

I liked the first Rambo movies--as escapist entertainment. I'm not looking forward to either of these films. He needs to transition to older roles. Look at Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven--still doing action, but in an age-appropriate way.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, Rambo III was in Afghanistan. You can't take what IMDb has to say at face value. It can be pretty unreliable when it comes to new projects. Great resource for info....but take the "upcoming projects" with a grain of salt. There have actually been some examples where people have gotten really off the wall movies in there just to prove the point that it's not always accurate.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Actually that's what I loved about Rambo 3, the irony. The whole movie is about how nobody has ever succesfully invaded the afghans, they ward off the soviet invasion, in the special features it makes a point about how marines played the afghan rebels and at the end of the movie just before the credits "Dedicated to the Valiant Afghans". Then, years later, Shock and awe!

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I say we send Rambo to a ghetto somewhere. Or perhaps, instead of stickfighting he can be in a Dog Bros. tournament this time.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
How about Rambo, Alien, and Freddy versus Rocky, Predator, and Jason? That movie would be great; I bet it'd make hundreds of dollars. I mean, we saw the Predator pretty much beat the Alien; Freddy and Jason were tied I guess, and I doubt there's much disagreement that Rambo would kick the bejesus out of Rocky, so that might be a good matchup.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'd cast my vote for team Rambo. Rambo could probably take on a predator the same was Arnie did in Predator. Rocky kind of has no place in this fight. And I think Alien would just eat jason whole. Freddy is just backup.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
And I think Alien would just eat jason whole. Freddy is just backup.[/i[

Imagine what it would take to give an Alien nightmares....

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, I'll take the heat for this (being the only person so far to say it) but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Rocky one. It should be interesting. I know, I know....but Sly seems to have gained some class over the years and he is deffinitely not in bad shape. I'm not saying its going to be Rocky IV or anything, but it could be interesting to see exactly how they do it.

*ducking*
7sm

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I understand Rocky will actually get into the ring and fight...that seems implausible. He's rather older than George Foreman was at his last fight, isn't he?

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I understand Rocky will actually get into the ring and fight...that seems implausible. He's rather older than George Foreman was at his last fight, isn't he?
I think Georges last fight, he was 46. Don't quote me on that, but yes, he's considerably older regardless.