'Robbery' victim Tito doesn't go into the night quietly

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-22-2009 11:30 AM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-45665150-1258901824.jpg
Even after spending much of the UFC 106 postfight press conference complaining about how he got robbed in losing a split decision to Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz sent out one last tweet in the late Las Vegas night.

It may have been ring rust and fatigue that did in Ortiz in his comeback fight aftr 18 months away recovering from back surgery, but Tito still had his best tool, his mouth, working in peak condition.

Watch Tito Ortiz in all his glory during the UFC 106 postfight press conference:

Ortiz said he got robbed at least 10 times during the postfight presser at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. He opened the conference by saying Dana White robbed of his Fight of the Night bonus:

"How the [expletive] are you giving him Fight of the Night," asked Ortiz when White announced the winners were Josh Koscheck and Anthony Johnson.

White responded, "Here we go again. We're back!"

Ortiz went to explain why he won the fight (1:50 mark):

"I thought I won the first round and I thought I won the second round. I got two takedowns you see the damage on his face. I got him good. In the third round I was gassed. After 18 months off, I want to see another fighter come in after back surgery and do what I did. And for me not getting Fight of the Night, I'm taken back by it."

Ortiz said the judge who scored it 30-27 for Griffin was blind. He said he was proud to make his comeback fight against a guy like Griffin. He admitted maybe he overstepped his limits a bit.

Ortiz was gracious in defeat for the most part. Although he wasn't about to admit defeat or even a tie in his other big fight, the one against White. Tito said he won in his fight for the other fighters (8:25 mark). The comment brought a smirk to White's face.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.