Risking my life for TKD

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mango what can you tell us about the eloctronic equipmente used, as long as I know both LaJust and Daedo were used am I right? waht can you tell me about the scoring points with these hogus, was it fare? coments,coments and more coments please.

Manny

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mango what can you tell us about the eloctronic equipmente used, as long as I know both LaJust and Daedo were used am I right? waht can you tell me about the scoring points with these hogus, was it fare? coments,coments and more coments please.

Manny

HEAD KICKS!!!!! Refs must score (3 points)

No scoring to the backside(no sensors)...

Foot placement on the Hogu is what scores not power!

They are using LAJUST only @ Jr Worlds in TJ...

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
HEAD KICKS!!!!! Refs must score (3 points)

No scoring to the backside(no sensors)...

Foot placement on the Hogu is what scores not power!

They are using LAJUST only @ Jr Worlds in TJ...

What about spining or jumping spining kicks?? two points or just one? and hands (punches) did you see any punch score?

Manny

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Gorilla was right on with his points. To answer your follow up questions:

Spinning kicks to the body went for 2 points. 1 from the gear and the judges added an extra point. If they failed to add the point correctly, the coach would have to protest and request a video replay.

Many punches scored. Judges have to press buttons to register a point for a punch.

Many kicks that traditionally would never be scored would register points, such as cut type kicks. If you cut and hit your arch or heel on the hogu at a proper angle, a point would go up.

Video replay was used. I found it interesting. Probably fewer than 25% of protests were turned over after reviewing video.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice. Question. Where the mats new and as slippery as the US Open mats? WTF needs to do something about that.

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The mats were in good shape. Don't know if they were new or not. There certainly was not the level of slipping and sliding that we had at the US Open. That was like fighting on ice.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oha, heard the recent news?
State department discourages travel to a lot (if not all Mexican locations...)

I guess it's moot though, now that you are all home/on the way to other destinations...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well folks, I will be putting my life on the line tomorrow, so just in case I get beheaded or dissolved in a vat of acid I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for being such great internet friends.

Our school, Team-X TKD, has a girl fighting tomorrow at Junior World's in Tijuana. http://usa-taekwondo.us/athletes/deireanne-morales and I just can't bring myself to not go and support her.

So in case I wind up as a casualty of the ongoing war between the federalies and the narco-trafficanties I just want you all to know that it has been a fun ride.
Just be carefull crossing the street in your own country. Death can be found anywhere.
Sean

Latest Discussions