Date
Saturday, May 15, 2004

Time
1:30 PM to 4:30 PM

Cost
$30

Suggested Equipment
Sticks & Training Knife.
Sticks & Training Knifes may be available for sale at this event.

520 Springbank Dr. Unit #6
London, Ont, Canada

Topics
Double Stick - Sinawalis.
Knife - Basic Self Defense.
Stick & Knife - Off hank or live hand training.

For More Information
Phone #: 1 519 474 7161
E-Mail: [email protected]

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank You Dot for posting this.
:asian:

I would like to add three small things.

1) The Sticks and Knives if available will be those of local talent and not of my design nor for my profit. :)

2) "Stick & Knife - Off hank or live hand training."

Should read: "Stick & Knife - Off hand or live hand training." ;)

3) The cost of $30 is Canadian. London is about 2 hours plus from Buffalo and about 2.5 hours to 3 hours from Toronto, and about an hour plus from Detroit/Windsor.

Thank You and See you all there.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How was the seminar?

I wanted to go, but just couldn';t swing the gas money. :(

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
How was the seminar?

I wanted to go, but just couldn';t swing the gas money. :(

Well, I think it was a success.

Bryson was great to me as well as his students.

I showed up Friday night at their request, I stopped by for a few minutes on the way home on Thursday. Yes, my work had me in Ingersol on Thursday, and I drove home that evening.

A bunch of us went out to see Van Helsing, Craig bought my ticket. Afterwards Bryson an I went back to James' place and talked and crashed for the evening. Bryson got up early and walked to his club to teach his classes. I had a wonderful breakfast and time to relax in the morning. James took me out to lunch at Swiss Chalet, and then to the seminar. We had six students present.

I started out with Single Sinawali and dealt with some ways to help use your body mechanics to generate more power for your strikes. I then also demonstrated that you could play in the sinawali drill. Double Sinawali was next on the list. About one hour.

Six count with stick and dagger was next up. I use the dagger in the left hand to help students learn distancing, and also off hand or left hand training for the half beats. About one hour.

A short coffee, snack break :) About 15 minutes or so.

I then moved on to some basic knife disarms. This was more to get people aware of body movement and mechanics. Also using a soft touch versus a hard or harsh contact. Once again about an hour.

We then went back to James' Place and cooked out and enjoyed good conversation and some good video games. Just ask KenpoGirl :D. I spent a second night there, and came home today to teach Sunday night classes.

I enjoyed the chance to teach, as well the hospitality, I was shown and given. Wonderful people who treated me like a king. The students were all full of questions and willingness to try and learn the techniques I was offering.

Thank You everyone for the recommendations and the kind words.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay in posting. Had computer problems on the weekend. Had a whole description done and then the darn thing fizzled out on me, before I could post.

I'd like to thank Rich for coming up, it was a great seminar. Learned a lot, (now I just have to attempt to keep it in my noggin), and everyone else seemed to really enjoy the class. I always enjoy doing the 6 count drill, and adding the knife was an interesting twist. The knife work and disarms was a challenge but I think we all did a pretty good job with it.

LOL oh the video game, Rich and I attempting to learn how to control our characters, and not get lost in what ever world we were in, while Bryson and James ran around killing everyone. I'm kinda glad we didn't do the competitive version or Rich and I would be spending a lot of time getting resurected, Bryson and James are old pro's.

Great to see you Rich, hope Bryson has you up again.

Dot

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jaybacca72 said:
sorry i couldn't make it rich,work is keeping me extremely busy for now.
take care bro
jay :partyon:

Jay,

You mean Life got in the way :shrug:

It is fully understandable my Friend. Just remember to take a few moments for your family :)

See you next time I am in town :D

Latest Discussions