Resuming training

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I’ve began classes again. I’m currently in jersey Channel Islands and been living here since January. I’ve advocated not to train to soon but now here we are on 0 active cases and no new cases in weeks. Obviously there still could be cases about but here the boarders are being opened from Friday so my point of view is may as well get training again just in case it does come back more at least I got a bit in. I mean it’s here to stay until there’s a cure and every session I wash all my equipment before and after each use, lots of people complaining about opening borders Friday but hey we could wait another 6 months and still be in the same boat. Life’s got to resume sometime and what happens will happen. All I can is it’s good to be training again for however long it lasts

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So I’ve began classes again. I’m currently in jersey Channel Islands and been living here since January. I’ve advocated not to train to soon but now here we are on 0 active cases and no new cases in weeks. Obviously there still could be cases about but here the boarders are being opened from Friday so my point of view is may as well get training again just in case it does come back more at least I got a bit in. I mean it’s here to stay until there’s a cure and every session I wash all my equipment before and after each use, lots of people complaining about opening borders Friday but hey we could wait another 6 months and still be in the same boat. Life’s got to resume sometime and what happens will happen. All I can is it’s good to be training again for however long it lasts
I think it's going to be worst in another 6 months. Stay as safe as you can and enjoy the training. I wish I could say the same where I live. Things are about to get nasty here in Georgia and Florida.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do my first sparring session on Saturday.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think this pandemic is just warming up.

Everyone please stay safe.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Simply it’s gotten to a point for me where staying in would be worse for me than any virus. I struggle with depression and anxiety and training is what relieved it now I haven’t been that bad during lockdown because I kept myself training hard at home but as the time went on I definitely started slipping further down...I don’t live with anyone now and when I go out (which is only occasionally for either runs or walks or shopping) I always mask and gloves and make sure I keep more distance than is required. As I said IF it does get worse again (no one knows for sure so no point guessing) then I would be seriously worried about my mental health if I had to go non stop for a very long time. That’s why I’m doing it to make sure I get it now when it’s the safest time.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah Buka, cases are rising fast here in AZ too. Yesterday our governor just shut down gyms again, along with indoor restaurants, bars, etc. and mandated wearing masks when indoors in public places like retail stores, and outdoors too whenever social distancing can't be maintained.

I was scheduled to teach High School Ceramics starting in August. But Arizona schools are so underfunded and overcrowded, that we may have to teach online. Tell me how that's gonna work for Ceramics?!? Looks like I may be headed into early retirement? ...Except that my retirement plan was to continue teaching MA. And now that's out too. :(

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do my first sparring session on Saturday.
Be safe. I don't know anyone who I share conversations with, that has gotten sick from COVID-19. I would like to keep it that way. Be safe.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah Buka, cases are rising fast here in AZ too. Yesterday our governor just shut down gyms again, along with indoor restaurants, bars, etc. and mandated wearing masks when indoors in public places like retail stores, and outdoors too whenever social distancing can't be maintained.

I was scheduled to teach High School Ceramics starting in August. But Arizona schools are so underfunded and overcrowded, that we may have to teach online. Tell me how that's gonna work for Ceramics?!? Looks like I may be headed into early retirement? ...Except that my retirement plan was to continue teaching MA. And now that's out too. :(
Outlast the virus and you'll be fine. The virus is already trimming the population so there will be more opportunities in the future beyond the virus (sounds dark but true). You can still teach MA. You just have to adapt it a little. We just have to make it through the storm. Be Patient. Plan for Post COVID-19, and Be safe.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Simply it’s gotten to a point for me where staying in would be worse for me than any virus. I struggle with depression and anxiety and training is what relieved it now

Getting back to training in the gymn with others helped my son. I hope it does the same for you.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Getting back to training in the gymn with others helped my son. I hope it does the same for you.
End of the day I know the risks and I’m not going to training then going to a rave with thousands of people later. Apart from it I only go out publically once a week shopping and then I wear gloves and mask And only go running or walking which I keep away from everyone so my chances of spreading are to anyone are very slim. If I catch it then I’ll take whatever comes from it. If I lived with anyone elderly or sick or I had to go to work with loads of people then no I wouldn’t be doing it because that would be selfish on them. But with the way my life is right now I have very little chance of spreading it

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We don't have it here.

Yeah, I saw that Austrailia had pretty low rates of infection. Hope you guys can keep it that way. Our rates are rising again here in AZ, and like I said above, our Governor shut down the gyms again. Today's news said that they are citing gyms that don't close up to $2,500 per infraction. They are mainly targeting the big commercial chains ...for now.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that Austrailia had pretty low rates of infection. Hope you guys can keep it that way. Our rates are rising again here in AZ, and like I said above, our Governor shut down the gyms again. Today's news said that they are citing gyms that don't close up to $2,500 per infraction. They are mainly targeting the big commercial chains ...for now.

QLD locked down hard. And no new cases. So bans are being lifted.

Victoria still has some cases but the borders are closed.

Karen from Facebook got arrested.

Apparently you do have to give details to police when you get a fine.

Who would have thought.

Latest Discussions